i never see any big pike pics on here ?

muskybw

We went to Big Gull lake near Northbrook Ont. in Sept. I couldn't  believe how small they were. 12 or 14 inches long. A guy was telling us about the one that got away and he said you won't believe this but I bet that pike was 2 feet long.  I haven't been there since 2006 and the fishing was getting bad then I thought but man I couldn't believe it. The lake is as beautiful as it ever was but the fishing pressure must be relentless. Big boats every where and blast by you at full tilt 20 yards away. How far north or west do you have to go these days to get into fishing like it was 30 or 40 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

WOW, there's some Lunker's in those PICS ! BIG FISH, thanks for the post ! never caught a big one, love the photos ! BillM, SirCranksalot, irishfield, DRIFTER_016, chris.brock, PUMP KNOWS, Moosebunk, Lew !  you have caught ABSOLUTE GATORS, only in my dream, GREAT PICS !

-

Edited by muskybw
needed 2 finish my thought.

6 hours ago, OhioFisherman said:

Tennessee Guy used to  post them all the time, some huge pike, but like some us age has idercaught up with us? We never considered a pike good sized until it hit the 40 inch mark, but fishing pressure has had an effect too?

Still fishing NW Ontario 16 - 23 days a year, every year.   Still catching my share of nice pike, but have shut down on taking photos.   They are unhooked while in my huge Frabil net, net is lowered and pike smiles as she swims slowly away.   No out of water pictures, but a couple of short movies of the release,  using polarized lens as fish swims.   

Fortunately I haven't aged a bit.   God and medical professionals are punishing me by having me live too long.

Edited by TennesseeGuy
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, TennesseeGuy said:

Still fishing NW Ontario 16 - 23 days a year, every year.   Still catching my share of nice pike, but have shut down on taking photos.   They are unhooked while in my huge Frabil net, net is lowered and pike smiles as she swims slowly away.   No out of water pictures, but a couple of short movies of the release,  using polarized lens as fish swims.   

Fortunately I haven't aged a bit.   God and medical professionals are punishing me by having me live too long.

Glad to hear you are still going strong Connie! Keep at it!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tjames09 said:

Id imagine people don't like sharing spots anymore. To many people lurk forums that aren't members and then just go to these spots were they see fish. So if someone posts big pike in lake x. Guess what lake will have 100x more people at it. 

Would love  to see  proof of this.....

On 11/3/2019 at 12:18 PM, irishfield said:

Unfortunate that after over an hour of revival attempt it died. Cost me a grand to have taxiderm'd for her.

Summer2012 181.JPG

Summer2012 191.JPG

Summer2012 197.JPG

Summer2012 213.JPG

Nice fish! I should get back into taxidermy if that's what people are willing to pay now. It must have made a beautiful mount.