Ice Fishing

bobowski

Ice Fishing  

41 members have voted

1. 1. It would be interesting to know how many forum members ice fish as opposed to soft water fishing or both.

• I only ice fish
    • I only fish the softwater
    • I ice fish and fish the softwater

I am sure he is smart enough to know that

i had to measure the forward movement of front and back wheels with the tracks on the back so I could calculate the size of tires I needed to match the forward movement of both

it was the first thing I considered when I started to built it

A49C4E93-A323-4F10-9090-FF8797906AB8.jpeg

Edited by Terry
  • Like 1

Don’t need chains but don’t worry about slippage front and back are matched 

but I run on pavement 16km to get on the ice at big bay point and I run in 4x4 because the tracks push me very straight on pavement so I need power to the front wheels to steer.  No slippage there 

I never thought for a second that he would not be trailering 

insuring a ORV isn’t hard and is legal any where a atv is legal to drive ,if it meets the ORV standards or is older then 2001

i think I will wait and see if he wants to share his  plans for this thing 

51 minutes ago, Terry said:

insuring a ORV isn’t hard and is legal any where a atv is legal to drive ,if it meets the ORV standards or is older then 2001

i think I will wait and see if he wants to share his  plans for this thing 

A modified street legal vehicle to an ORV will not be legal on the roadways. The HTA is quite specific on what ORV's vehicles can use the roadways. And insurance for a modified vehicle will be quite hard to find.

Yes I would also like to see his plans.

Can it be done? Yes but it may turn into a far bigger/more expensive project than expected.

Keeping it street legal would be an easier option.

And it would be a magnet for any LEO to checkout for proper registration and insurance. 

Edited by Woodsman

Well guys I too always did and some what still do have respect for Tim Hale's operation; used them many many times. Never had a complain and if I were to rent a hut from him; I would still likley not have a complaint. He's a good operator. That being said he also dislikes "weekend worriers that think we can infringe of "HIS" fishing grounds" not my words his! Wish I had taken a picture or two of my location compared to his; like I said I was an 1/8 of a mile or more away from him or any other huts. How far is far enough away? It was after the CO put him in his place; that the buzzing of or hut began. I know what Tim Hale's bombardies look like and I'm sorry; but Hale and his crew do not have hailows.

As for the Sidekick. I have already locked (welded the spider gears) in both the front & rear diferentials. Now looking at ways of locking and unlocking the tranfercase as needed. If that becomes an issue I'lll leave the T-case alone. Add an ajustable proporsioning valve to the rear brake system. This will allow me to lower the pressure applied to the rear brakes; allowing the front brakes to apply with greater force percentage wise. The T-case in turn will send the power to the rear wheels/tracks. I'm not talking of standing on the brake peddel; but just enough to send applied power into the T-case and then to the rear drive wheels.

It will never see the road again; yes an ugly trailer queen. LOL Already checked into registering it as an off road rebuilt vehicle and getting an off road plate; no issues. As for equired off road insurance my broker said it would be the same rate as the quod and to call him when I'm ready to insure it

Thanks for your comments and concerns on my other post and another chance of explaining my interaction with a well known good operator. I guess he just doesn't like my aftershave or the lack of? LOL 

Dan.

• Like 1