"Wish" website--NF

SirCranksalot

my wife has ordered from them. she ordered a blouse and when it came it was too small, so she called them and they arranged for a new one to be shipped,, just the other day one of the guys at coffee told me that his bank called and said they had a charge of over 400 dollars on his visa from wish, he didin't make any purchase so the bank is checking into it. that would be enough to scare me ofany purchase.

• Like 1

I have ordered a few things from them. You get what you pay for. Don't expect good quality stuff and be patient as the orders usually take weeks to arrive. Also make sure you look at the shipping costs. Some times the shipping cost will exceed the cost of the product on small items.

I have a few thing's coming from Wish such as lures and sunglasses and small crap.  I will not order clothing due to size issues as stated above.  

I can let you know how I make out with my items if you like.  

4Pcs/set Stainless Steel Fishing Lures 7cm 11g Bass Crank Bait "Free" Just pay $5.00 Shipping

4 hours ago, Big Cliff said:

I have looked at a few things on there but wasn't impressed with the quality. I do order a few things from China through Ebay and Ali and have never had any problems.

I got one of these for my shortwave radio hobby from China on EBay, $45 US cost me $60 Canuck and got it in 12 days, everyone says they work as good as the 3-4 C note similar items made in the US and I concur. The screen shot is me receiving and decoding a weather fax from New Orleans on my software defined radio.    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/MLA-30-100kHz-30MHz-Ring-Active-Receive-Antenna-Low-Noise-Medium-ShortWave/283557477378?hash=item420557bc02:g:Au4AAOSwOPldNsST       

17.144.5 wefax.jpg

I have ordered from Ali and Ebay, never tried Wish and really have no particular reason to. With Ali the stuff I ordered was usually dirt cheap, and with the free shipping a lot of them offer makes the price way better than most places stateside that have a minimum order to get free shipping.

Quality? some of the things I ordered weren't bad, but you really can't expect to pay 4 bucks for 100 hooks and get Trokar or Gammi quality?

4 hours ago, Big Cliff said:

I ordered a whole new cylinder and piston for my son in laws chainsaw, complete kit was $63.00, took about 3 weeks but that same kit here would have cost almost $300.00. The quality was just as good as the one I could have got here.

I've used wish a fair bit, and would never order something like that though

it's Chinese junk, it's a gamble, it's kinda like a dollar store but with way more stuff

5 hours ago, chris.brock said:

I've used wish a fair bit, and would never order something like that though

it's Chinese junk, it's a gamble, it's kinda like a dollar store but with way more stuff

I didn't use Wish for it, I ordered it through EBay. As for the quality; that was 5 years ago and the saw is still running fine and he cuts a lot of wood.

2 hours ago, dave524 said:

My wife does a lot of various crafting, she uses Amazon prime, usually here next day, a LOT CHEAPER than Michael's.

I use Amazon too as I share a Prime account with 3 others and yes shipping tends to be very quick and free due to paying for the prime account.  You still need to be price smart when shopping online vs real store fronts.  Not often but most of the time the prices between the two are close in price.  

21 hours ago, limeyangler said:

I don't have an issue with the goods being from China, I have an issue withe goods 'coming' from China, the shipping can take MONTHS!

I have tracked some of the stuff I have ordered, it can reach the states and then seems to take weeks clearing customs, but on some they do seem to take a while getting out of their country.

I ordered this for my bike Oct 20 and got it today yet the delivery date is Nov 18 and I paid less too.  I paid $35.44 after item and shipping.  Holding the item now and it looks well made too.

*added* I just installed this in 1 min and a great fit too!  Happy with my purchase here.

MyWishSliders.jpg

Edited by GBW
adding info

On 11/5/2019 at 7:58 PM, SirCranksalot said:

Here's 1 reason why I distrust that site----might be a good bargain, but 6 grand?????????

wish.jpg

I suspect the original price might be in Chinese yuan, it converts at .19 CDN  which would seem much more reasionable

We where just talking about them in my office this morning. 

No good reviews from the guys here who have used it. 

One guys wife bought a ring and a lap top bag.  Slid the ring on her finger, and it broke in half.  Put the laptop in the bag and lifted it up, and the bottom fell out of the bag and laptop smashed on the ground...     They vowed never to buy from wish again after that! 

10 hours ago, misfish said:

Nice

What the $%&^$ are they for ? LOL

It goes through the rear axle on my bike so a universal rear wheel stand can lift the back wheel up off the ground for servicing the Yammy...