Halloween date change due to weather

cisco

8 hours ago, Toronto_Angler said:

When I was young I used to walk 50 miles barefoot in the snow to school and I had to pay for halloween candy with money I earned working night shift at the grain mill...Blah Blah Blah the horses in here are mighty high

you're the rain on the parade man, do you ever post anything positive or constructive?

It's beyond tiresome, it might be wise to seek help

Edited by chris.brock
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, chris.brock said:

you're the rain on the parade man, do you ever post anything positive or constructive?

It's beyond tiresome, it might be wise to seek help

Well we both pretty much had the same point on this one lol

My sarcasm was for the curmudgeons who are always complaining kids aren't tough enough like in their day

Edited by Toronto_Angler

15 hours ago, cisco said:

Oh re P3TA ... good joke! No I'm not. I've killed many critters sometimes in tough weather. Some here know I diver duck hunt. Oh and I'm not a narcissist either.

Yup, me as well Chris. Just back from a rain/snow morning,water conditions were tough, but gave it a go. I need no more rain for the next week or so. Just to bring the river down.

And this is why western canada hates us.

What do you think kids in Flin Flon did? When I was of trick or treating age, it was standard procedure, your halloween costume could fit your snowsuit underneath it. I recall Halloween 94 or 95 it was legitimately -20 when we were trick or treating.

I felt the same way when i first moved to ontario and they would force us to have recess inside any time Ontario issued an "extreme cold weather alert" because daytime temperatures didnt reach over -10. In flin flon you didnt see warmer than -10 from december to April every year lol. 

• Like 2

Knowing that the weather was going to be what it was, I was out dishing candy from 6:00pm until 7:30 when the downpour hit.

We had more kids this year, than the last ten! Might have been the parents directing them here as I had a bottle of "99" for the dads and a bottle of pre-mixed "chocolate martini's " for the moms. No one complained about the weather....

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!

HH

2 hours ago, crappieperchhunter said:

Funny HH I keep track every year just because and we had a record number of kids this year too. 35 trick or treaters this year....most years don't get over 20. Put a major dint in the left overs that I get to snack on😡  

That's why I buy lots of "extra"... and why I have a muffin top!

HH