NF-How many now have to eat all those extra Halloween candies ?

woodenboater

We had a far amount of kids last night. Shut it down around 8:30; when the kids looked like their 5 O'clock shadow was a dark as mine. LOL

The remaining candy (Other then a few of my favorites) went to a woman's shelter; here in London. A lot of the families there are not comfortable to go out at night.  We've done this a lot the last few years; with different items. Last Labour day, I cooked (Using my spit) for a sick kids hospital fund raiser pig roast. (We raised $4500.00 that day; between the roast and silent auction.) what a great day! The remaining unopened salads (Potato, Mac and Coleslaw) were all brought to a woman's shelter. That's my wife's doing; very proud of her!

Dan

• Like 2

29 years at this address and I can't ever recall a trick or treater here, last night we had snow and 50+ wind gusts, the snow didn't stay just some flakes to let us know what's ahead.

Bad place for trick or treating here, no street lights and homes and driveways are a good distance apart, and a 55 mph speed limit and no sidewalks makes safety a serious issue.