TV Streaming (NF), Apple TV, Roku or Other

John

For starters I know little to nothing about this technology. I am looking for a device to allow me to receive streaming services, Britbox, Acorn TV, Amazon Prime Video, Sports etc. Ideally I want to get rid of my very expensive Bell service, if I can keep some network channels great, if not I can learn to live without them. I don't have a Smart TV presently but probably in the market from Santa.

I know that there are a few gurus and converts on here and any advise would be received with thanks.

If you would prefer to PM me or text (289-828-1804) that works.

John..

Good day John

I have a X92 box. I pay $100 a month for Bell unlimited internet. I have a guy that updates my box eveyr 6 months for $20. I watch almost everything I want. Leafs on Saturday nights on CBC live stream, Nascar on Sundays. Thats my sports fix. All movies and TV series I get. The 3 sites I use are Bee TV and Cinema free. Also use Live Net TV 4.7. Kodi is history. Find a good box and someone that will update, and you are gold.

John check your tv for a HDMI cable port. This is how the apple tv  unit feeds information to the tv. If you have that then look at the apple tv gen 4th . While this unit is more expensive it has the ability to be controlled by a remote as well as any ipad or iphone you have with a simple app. You can control it using your voice to a certain extent which is really nice.  So far I have hulu to get all of my local channels and stuff. I found  PLUTO tv to be very entertaining (free) and use my amazon plus to view a whole range of movies and shows. So far we went from 120.00 a month to 55.00 for hulu. You can try most all of the paid services for free for a month.  

Art