Rain Boots

Dan668

After fishing a few fall days in the rain this year, I'm looking for a recommendation on boots/shoes for the fall/early spring season. I do own a pair of Baffin Titans that I use for the winter but I feel they are way too bulky, and not ideal for controlling the trolling motor on the bow, i always use the pedal. 

I do use a Bass Pro Pro Qualifier gore tex rain gear set, currently with a pair of running shoes lol. So I almost stay perfectly dry. Debating on whether to go for a pair of Muck boots, or gore tex shoes. I kind of like the idea of the Mucks as they seem to serve a bigger purpose and can be used in a variety of conditions. What does everyone else use? 

I think i will just go with rubber/neoprene boots as you stated. Cabelas has some Mucks on sale. They are cheaper than gore tex shoes or hikers. And don't seem to bad in terms of bulkiness. 

Just not sure if an insulated pair will be too warm for the fall (Oct/Nov fishing). The worst thing is when your feet start to sweat. Or on the durability, seem to be a fair amount of complaints on them. 

Edited by Dan668

I wear redhead neoprene/rubbers

got them on sale, they are really comfy and even a bit warm for those chilly fall days. Can fish all day in perfect comfort in them and I think they only cost me about $30. They aren’t so great once it gets a bit warmer though due to the neoprene but then I just wear crocs anyways