NAT boots ? Got me a pair

misfish

On 12/16/2019 at 8:37 AM, Tjames09 said:

I went there for these. You have to order them. They had a boot similar in stock but it’s not the one pictured above. The one they have looks more like a space boot, and I forget the brand. 

11 hours ago, pikeyminnow said:

I was just in the canadian tire at Whitby, just north of the 401 and they have camo coloured Nats on for 74.99. 

3832FE10-8AFB-42F6-BC24-AF4067C29C8B.jpeg

Thanks.  Going to stop by in the morning.  Really don't like how scarce these are becoming.

6 hours ago, Chuck Enwinde said:

Thanks.  Going to stop by in the morning.  Really don't like how scarce these are becoming.

Will check out ours after work. I know I over paid for mine ( Tromblys always over priced ) but they were the only game in town. If they are here,I,ll be buying another pair as back up.

On 12/19/2019 at 1:16 PM, pikeyminnow said:

I was just in the canadian tire at Whitby, just north of the 401 and they have camo coloured Nats on for 74.99. 

3832FE10-8AFB-42F6-BC24-AF4067C29C8B.jpeg

Thanks for the heads up, picked up a pair today.  I thought they would be marginally lighter than my Baffins, but these things weigh less than my running shoes.  Normally wear a 10, but first tried the 12 because of this thread, and they fit perfect.  Came home, went for a walk in the back woods and they are amazing.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Today was my last day on the hard water . I dedicated my NATS to only ice fishing . I even attached my cleats to them and never took them off. They were part of the boot . Boots were put on once I was ready to go out on the ice . I feel I can give an honest report on these boots. Those that own them already know, they are super light. This was a real positive selling feature for me from the start.  Next was comfort . Yes I had to buy 3 sizes up, but once the liner got broke in,they felt like they were 10,s. Even at over size,the boot never made me feel clumsy. Tripping over my feet . Warmth was very surprising . The liner is half the thickness of the baffins, and I never felt a difference . Pull them out after every outing, to dry, the next morning , ready to go.   For the price,the comfort,warmth and weight, these boots rock.

I highly recommend them.

Time to break out the waders now once again.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

These boots are very comfortable because they do not take the shape of a leg do not stretch. For this reason, it is necessary to buy boots a size larger so that you can put on a warm sock. But in general, the boots are fantastic because do not forget about elasticity and flexural strength. Of course, they are not as comfortable as yeezy sneakers, but this is what you need for fishing. I have been fishing all my life, and during this time, I have worn many different boots. And these were the best. Therefore, believe it or not, if you took them, then you did not lose.

Edited by Azkaban

These boots are terrible, they are very stiff in the cold very hard to walk in with their height and stiffness. I bought them for the lightweight and warmth after having heavy baffin titans for years. NATs returned my money which was nice, but these boots are very hard on the feet if you walk long distances. I also get cold feet in them if standing still on the ice. There are some posts of them sucking in water after a period of time. You have to remove the liner each time you put your boot on so if you get snow in your boot its a fun time trying to take the liner off your foot while balancing in the deep snow haha. Insole is cheap cardboard material that is glued down and quickly came loose and folded inside the boots.  They do have good tread on them though! 

1 hour ago, canoecarrier said:

These boots are terrible, they are very stiff in the cold very hard to walk in with their height and stiffness. I bought them for the lightweight and warmth after having heavy baffin titans for years. NATs returned my money which was nice, but these boots are very hard on the feet if you walk long distances. I also get cold feet in them if standing still on the ice. There are some posts of them sucking in water after a period of time. You have to remove the liner each time you put your boot on so if you get snow in your boot its a fun time trying to take the liner off your foot while balancing in the deep snow haha. Insole is cheap cardboard material that is glued down and quickly came loose and folded inside the boots.  They do have good tread on them though! 

Well I do not know what to say about this comment. I have had mine for 4 years now. I bought them for walking in the snow for ice fishing as I am a walker. No issues as you have mentioned. I have nothing but good things to say about them. Never wet feet nor cold feet. Yes,I bought these cause I had baffins that were just to heavy for walking. I still have them (over 10 years old now ) for those days I wish not to wade the rivers or fishing from shore on rainy, muddy days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 4:10 PM, canoecarrier said:

yes, the insoles and liners are poor, but those are cheap to replace

I had a 3/4 inch diameter stick go through the sole into my foot but the boot is still waterproof, pulled the stick out and the sole doesn't leak, the material squeezes back together, I wear thin cotton socks and don't get cold

Edited by chris.brock

8 hours ago, akaShag said:

OK you guys have convinced me.  Looks like these are $179 now (online).

Anybody know if major retailers (CTC, etc) stock them?

Any shop that sell's ATV and Snowmobile products that sell Kimpex dot com supplied items as they are a supplier to get them from.  You best try a set on 1st as it's unisex sizing so a runner 10.5 night be an 11 or 12 boot.  

I went to our local Trading Post where they sell them.

I was unimpressed. The boot feels like hard plastic in the warm store. I can imagine they would crack at 20 below. Super thick liners and stiff

Went back to another store and bought my old standard Acton Prairie boot. Light, flexible and warm. Like wearing bedroom slippers  Been wearing them for fishing etc for 45 years now

Edited by Dara
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dara said:

I went to our local Trading Post where they sell them.

I was unimpressed. The boot feels like hard plastic in the warm store. I can imagine they would crack at 20 below. Super thick liners and stiff

Went back to another store and bought my old standard Acton Prairie boot. Light, flexible and warm. Like wearing bedroom slippers  Been wearing them for fishing etc for 45 years now

I get the "each to their own". When I first seen them,I was like ,they look cheap and not very well made. After many reviews,I decided to buy them for just the weight of them and the warmth they gave. I have been a fan ever since I got them. I hate wet/cold feet. The thick souls really keep the ice cold getting in.

The only thing that is a minus,my buddies tell me I knew you were out,I seen the NATS stamp in the snow. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I think I saw this model yesterday at my local sportswear shop. I can check the model with you tomorrow when I am near this shop if you need me. Also, I didn't understand why you don't want to buy the model online according to your feet size. I can recommend an awesome online platform with a wide range of sportswear presented on the platform: https://www.grailify.com/en/. Also, you can find a NAT boot model on the platform as well, and if you are struggling with the right size to order pair online, you can always consult with their online customer service.

Edited by joelynnpamplin