NAT boots ? Got me a pair

misfish

Are these the ones you bought?  https://gonats.ca/produit/eva-boots-with-thermal-liner-1590/?lang=en

My Baffin Titans had a side tear on the upper on the last day for whities last year.  My foot got soaked that day but I kept on fishing.  I was thinking of going with Baffins again if I can get them on sale or go with something different that has the same fit/comfort as the Titans.

image.png.afd2d3dec4414699ad93d69f6f06d731.png

22 minutes ago, PUMP KNOWS said:

Are these the ones you bought?  https://gonats.ca/produit/eva-boots-with-thermal-liner-1590/?lang=en

My Baffin Titans had a side tear on the upper on the last day for whities last year.  My foot got soaked that day but I kept on fishing.  I was thinking of going with Baffins again if I can get them on sale or go with something different that has the same fit/comfort as the Titans.

image.png.afd2d3dec4414699ad93d69f6f06d731.png

Yes, those are the ones. I,ll be adding screws to them that I have for my wader boots for traction.

On 10/25/2019 at 3:40 PM, misfish said:

Yes, those are the ones. I,ll be adding screws to them that I have for my wader boots for traction.

Brian I had been putting  hex head screws in my last pair of winter ice fishing boots for all the years I owned them. Got a pair of baffins last year and the screws just will not stay in them. The rubber is to soft and they work them selves out. I was losing 3-8 screws every time I went out. I think these Nats will have the same problem which is another reason I took a pass on the amigo boots last winter. I think you will end up having to get a good pair of slip on cleats like I did.

So with the snow the past few days, I decided to start wearing the boots to get them worked in. First thing was the lightness, amazing. Traction,amazing. Warmth,amazing. The boot fits up to the top of my calves. That is an issue. When I got in the truck,I found the top of the boot cuff, interfering with transferring from gas to brake. Put the seat back a bit and it was more comfortable. I do not think I will drive with them on unless I have my bib on which will not allow the cuff to interfere with the motion.

Very impressed with them. My feet were toasty warm. Maybe a bit to warm.

4 minutes ago, SirCranksalot said:

Much better than Unemployment Boots or goat rubbers, eh>

Im off next week. We going to hook up ? I have yet to see the Hippy. Then again, I have been fishing many other spots. Not the best of year so far. Fish are blasting right up with all this high water.

13 minutes ago, floater said:

So I still don't know where to go find these boots near the GTA. Angling outfitters and Royal are my only options? 

Peterborough cycle salvage for $99.

Tromblys 

I am surprised Sails doesn't have them.

Edited by misfish

Sail has there own branded EVA foam boots now.  I wasn't tempted.  And yeah driving with Nats is not recommended.  I was backing in to a ramp with them on a few years ago and  as I applied the brakes I could hear the engine revving, apparently the brake wasn't the only thing I was hitting.  Lucky I didn't sink the truck.  

On 10/24/2019 at 12:20 AM, Chuck Enwinde said:

after the originals were set a little too close to the wood stove to dry  

Just got around to reading the tags.. That is their number one do not do. LMAO

Edited by misfish

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2019 at 6:39 AM, Crackerjack said:

Seen them at Peterborough cycle salvage for $99.

I went there for these. You have to order them. They had a boot similar in stock but it’s not the one pictured above. The one they have looks more like a space boot, and I forget the brand.