Colorado XT Inflatable Pontoon Boat

PUMP KNOWS

Does anyone on here own one?  If so how do you like it?

So far I've looked online and they sell for around $950 on Amazon.   I was told it might be cheaper to buy it from Walmart in the US when they go on sale.

I might purchase one if I can find a good deal on it.

image.png.29dafc3322ca520c27d110e8bc1bde97.png

47 minutes ago, bobowski said:

"Misfish"  member on here would be the guy to talk to. 

Maybe he has not seen my reports and videos. :Gonefishing:

I really like mine. I have a 55lb thrust and a 37lb weight,  battery on mine. I have it balanced out just right. Finder,go pro and rod holders. I get 3 mph top speed.

If you do not know, you can now order them through Walmart here. They will ship it up for you FREE.

1575456456_Snapshot4(2019-09-013-00PM).jpg.cdfeb921b09695851e25b09d97d49254.jpg

IMG_5811.JPG.e65334bcefae89a4a9a18b6c3c85402c.JPG

Edited by misfish
  • Like 1

I have been tooning for the past 4-5 years now. never felt unsafe in the least. PFD is always on, I have had a few air leaks. Pin holes due to my own happening. When it leaks,it,s very slow. Always make it back to shore with the bladder still more then 3/4 full. I have been out a few miles on Simcoe. They are very comfortable. I have yet to see them here at walmart. But like I said,they will bring over for you for FREE.

1 minute ago, misfish said:

Too add, Terry and Dave ( Drifter ) have one as well.

It's true!!!

Actually I have 2 toons. My good one is a Fishcat Cougar with quad tubes.

I have run some pretty big rivers with it and never felt unsafe even with my best friend sitting on the platform behind me.

P9240031.jpg.9304d75d341db1841381c01e97d28b49.jpg

• Like 1

I had 2 toons I sold one to Brian 

i am really surprised just how stable they are in big waves and on a calm day you couldn’t tip it if you wanted to. I have had a 40 lbs thrust trolling and full size battery motor and a 2.5 hp outboard on it at the same time and by moving the seat forward it was just fine 

been using them for many years

Edited by Terry

On 10/11/2019 at 12:12 PM, misfish said:

I have been tooning for the past 4-5 years now. never felt unsafe in the least. PFD is always on, I have had a few air leaks. Pin holes due to my own happening. When it leaks,it,s very slow. Always make it back to shore with the bladder still more then 3/4 full. I have been out a few miles on Simcoe. They are very comfortable. I have yet to see them here at walmart. But like I said,they will bring over for you for FREE.

When you have air leaks do you find it very noticeable when you're out on the water? 

On 10/11/2019 at 12:25 PM, DRIFTER_016 said:

It's true!!!

Actually I have 2 toons. My good one is a Fishcat Cougar with quad tubes.

I have run some pretty big rivers with it and never felt unsafe even with my best friend sitting on the platform behind me.

P9240031.jpg.9304d75d341db1841381c01e97d28b49.jpg

That's awesome!  Your dog just chills on the back while you're out fishing?

I'll have to look into a fishcat pontoon as well.  Is your other toon a colorado?

On 10/11/2019 at 12:40 PM, Terry said:

I had 2 toons I sold one to Brian 

i am really surprised just how stable they are in big waves and on a calm day you couldn’t tip it if you wanted to. I have had a 40 lbs thrust trolling and full size battery motor and a 2.5 hp outboard on it at the same time and by moving the seat forward it was just fine 

been using them for many years

Wow.. with all that stuff on your toon, you never had any issues with it buckling due to weight?

16 hours ago, PUMP KNOWS said:

When you have air leaks do you find it very noticeable when you're out on the water? 

After a couple of hours. These are pin holes, so leak is slow. I do not carry a manual pump, but will be next season.  Like I said, these are due to my own fault. The way it was sitting in the back of the truck deflated. The frame was bouncing on the toon and well it made pin holes. I use shoe goop or most recently, blue marine caulking. Both work fine.

Edited by misfish

17 minutes ago, misfish said:

After a couple of hours. These are pin holes, so leak is slow. I do not carry a manual pump, but will be next season.  Like I said, these are due to my own fault. The way it was sitting in the back of the truck deflated. The frame was bouncing on the toon and well it made pin holes. I use shoe goop or most recently, blue marine caulking. Both work fine.

Another thing to remember is let some of the air out when it's not in the water.

Heat from the sun can actually over inflate the bladder and burst it along the seam.

I always carry my pump along with me. I have inflated the bladders properly on land only to have them get soft in short order due to the cold water.

This happened to me once. It sucked. Aquaseal worked mint to fix the issue though.

Watched a guy in Alaska have an issue with his toon once.

He was pulled out on the island across from the launch when Yogi came along and had a taste of one of his pontoons.

He had his pump with him and managed to make it back to the launch before deflation. ;)

1 hour ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

Heat from the sun can actually over inflate the bladder and burst it along the seam.

That happened to my first one. I leave mine in the truck deflated. I guess the one valve closed . It blew so much,my tonno cover was raised up in the middle. DOH.

I always let a bit of air out when out on those hot days. Between the water temp and the sun, they expand .

Not a Colorado either but will say I've never felt unsafe on this gal & with the 2.5 she's pretty swift. It has been on pretty much every water body in southern Ontario. It packs up quite small, maybe 60lbs (minus motor) would fit in the trunk of my old Civic. Motor & accessories would be in the back seat or roof bag when I bought one. It is a little much if you're solo but if you can trailer it/store it inflated, there are some great mods out there. You can usually find these pretty cheap second hand!

2015-05-30 12.21.37.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks guys...lots of info to take in.

On 10/17/2019 at 7:47 AM, ckewley said:

Not a Colorado either but will say I've never felt unsafe on this gal & with the 2.5 she's pretty swift. It has been on pretty much every water body in southern Ontario. It packs up quite small, maybe 60lbs (minus motor) would fit in the trunk of my old Civic. Motor & accessories would be in the back seat or roof bag when I bought one. It is a little much if you're solo but if you can trailer it/store it inflated, there are some great mods out there. You can usually find these pretty cheap second hand!

2015-05-30 12.21.37.jpg

Thats a sweet setup

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barney said:

I was lucky enough to have a friend give me a Classic Accessories Madison pontoon boat. I haven't had it in the water yet, but I was wondering what's the best anchor to use? The boat will probably split time between lakes and trout streams. 

I use a homemade 12# pyramid anchor.

It's like this one only it was free because I had the lead and made my own mold.

FYI, you should pick up the proper anchor system from the manufacturer for raising and lowering the anchor.

It makes life much easier.

https://www.oregonfishing.com/Pyramid-Lead-Anchors----8lb/10lb--PLA7

Capture.JPG.1efdc5fc0c95515f35940931d5c892ad.JPG

Edited by DRIFTER_016

You'll need something a lot lighter for the stream compared to a lake (You're not fishing from the pontoon while stream fishing).. 99% of the time you're tossing the anchor on shore anyhow.  I used an old receiver+ball.  Worked great, didn't weigh a tonne and kept it secure.