Grandson joining Dad and Grandpa fishing

Spcvicar

Looking for a place to fish with grandson for 3-4 days. Definately need to have high success rate dont want Grandson to get bored. Need to get this guy hooked on fishing. Looking for suggestions at resort on a really good lake with LOTS and LOTS of fish. willing to drive to make sure this time is a success. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance. Probably going next Spring! 

8 hours ago, Spcvicar said:

Looking for a place to fish with grandson for 3-4 days. Definately need to have high success rate dont want Grandson to get bored. Need to get this guy hooked on fishing. Looking for suggestions at resort on a really good lake with LOTS and LOTS of fish. willing to drive to make sure this time is a success. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance. Probably going next Spring! 

Ontario is a VERY large place so it may help with your question is you say where you live and what part of the province you want to fish in.

• Like 2

Depending on how young a bucket full of minnows will keep their attention for hours. Always great for a slow day. There is nothing worse to spoil a fishing trip as great expectations. If they are young teens well good luck. I fished until I was around 12  then nothing until I was in my mid 20's. Sports and most importantly, girls, girls, girls. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

If you want fish after fish do a flyin in one of the millions of walleye/pike lakes in this province.  Doesn't get much easier then a jig and twister tail.   When you get bored of that, pick up your med/heavy spinning rod and cast spoons for pike.    Won't find anything easier then this.

Edited by BillM