Buying a used sled advice? NF

Tjames09

I think that if you decide on one, make sure you look it over very good before you buy it, like someone else said.  The machine can look great and the engine run well, but there can be stress cracks all over the thing and heavy wear in places that aren't noticeable at first. Bring someone that knows their snow machines with you when checking any out. It can save you some headaches.

ATVs and sleds both have their own issues 

sleds  need snow. So at some point there can be too little snow to lube track or cool rad. If you like real close to

the lake

you may want to drive it down the bare roads but it hard on them

atvs don’t like tons of snow but in many areas like Innisfil I can drive it right down the road to any lake access  I want

I got rid of my sled to use ATVs and UTVs 

In a perfect world you need both. Sleds rule the lakes in the winter when there's snow, but ATV's are much more versatile machines. I'd say 90% of the time an ATV will get you where you need to go. They carry a big load right on the machine too. They are handy. 

S. 

50 lbs more that today! 

Why did they make them ? I had it painted and new seat . . .looked great when it ran, hated cold weather, but looked good.and it pulled a shed amazingly off the nine :) I did put in a 440 thanks to TJ in Angus I believe.

Like driving a superbee today! Sorry Wayne, you know antiques rule when done right. 

• 2 weeks later...