Water fowl ID NF Cross breed ?

misfish

I have no idea what it is ? In the dark it looked like a goose going down the river this fowl is that big. It,s not a mallard, or it could be,but crossed with a mating goose. It,s bill was huge ( width ),web feet the same ( I could clearly see them as he/she paddled). When it got close enough,I snapped a few pics with flash. Once day light came, he/she, sat on the other side of the river. It had no fear of me as I was able to walk right up to it. The only thing that scared it was the salmon jumping near it.LOL It flew,or tried to and the wings just made a flopping sound in the air. Way over weight maybe.

DSCF5013.JPG.02a82b1475f03f9be058bcd326251177.JPG

DSCF5014.JPG.560f4eabe6e5c30689cb3514cabda1b0.JPG

DSCF5012.JPG.b965883949f8d01e33898947b4142122.JPG

It's a Common Squakwida(skwalk widda). I have a pal that is "Mr. Outdoorsman"  that calls any bird he doesn't know a Squakwida. There is a farmer out our way that has all sorts of crazy looking ducks and geese. He even has Wild Turkeys that hang around his farm with all the other birds. I've never seen or even heard of Wild Turkey staying in a domestic setting. 

17 minutes ago, ketchenany said:

Did it quack? It’s a duck.

did you catch fish?

His quack was very low .  Low b bar. As for fish, they were there. They be to busy jumping and saying,you cant catch me, me lady is up a mile or two, so got to get my tail in gear. One even popped up to say, we know that missmonster, she has no place here.  LOL Went to head to another local and got the warning light. Low air pressure in back tire. Stop,look and yup, a large screw in the tire.  Was able to top up the tire and make it back to Barrie. Kal Tire fixed and at NO CHARGE. That is service to get a customer. Guess where I am buying my next round of rubber ? New rubber coming in 2 weeks, with a $200 discount.  Ram approved . :good:

Day 8 of 9  is close. Another early am blast off in the ram.  Time to wrap up the fresh smoke from yesterdays catch. I am sure those I will be fishing with in the morning, will enjoy.:canadian:

DSCF5015.JPG.efa5d491fb998b04b61db3e895203aa9.JPG

The joy of sharing.

• Like 2