Climate Change -Hysteria? NF

captpierre

Quite often when launching a boat, the tow vehicle will be partially submerged in the water.  Are electric vehicles designed to be able to handle this partial submersion in water?  This would be especially relevant to electric trucks which many people would use for towing.

2 hours ago, John Bacon said:

Quite often when launching a boat, the tow vehicle will be partially submerged in the water.  Are electric vehicles designed to be able to handle this partial submersion in water?  This would be especially relevant to electric trucks which many people would use for towing.

They put high voltage power lines under water without any problems. Electric and hybrid vehicles drive through puddles and rain storms without problems. The auto manufactures should be able shield  an electric truck motor from water while launching.    

On 9/30/2019 at 8:35 AM, glen said:

Can I get a list of what the rich are doing to stop it.  Surely if they believe it they must be doing something 

Lots of money to be made in the buying and selling of carbon credits in that scam, they continue to fly their private jets but they bought a credit so all is good 😂

On 10/3/2019 at 10:14 AM, Squid said:

So you are saying that these 500 UN scientists are not paid by interest groups to report that climate change is a hoax?

She didn't actually say 500 scientists.  It was "500 scientists and qualified commentators".  That's a little vague.  That could be five scientists and 495 "qualified commentators".

She also didn't deny that man made global warming is happening.  She only stated that is was not a climate emergency.

8 hours ago, 16 Footer said:

They put high voltage power lines under water without any problems. Electric and hybrid vehicles drive through puddles and rain storms without problems. The auto manufactures should be able shield  an electric truck motor from water while launching.    

I don't have any doubt that they can make an electric vehicle that can be safely submerged; the technology to do so definitely exists.  The question is, did they?  They may have cut a few corners to same money like Nissan did my not including liquid cooling for the battery in their car.

And I wouldn't consider driving through a puddle to be the same as being submerged.

14 hours ago, John Bacon said:

And I wouldn't consider driving through a puddle to be the same as being submerged.

I’d be concerned about submerging also. But I’m sure Ford or GM is quite aware that      hundreds of thousands of their trucks have been used for boat launching over the decades. Anyone concerned could use a hitch extension at the launch. 

Edit; I just read that the 2020 Jeep Wrangler can drive through 30” of water which would submerge the batteries tucked under the frame. I suspect any higher would mean damage or shorting in the motor or power block systems. I’ve never stuck my truck 2.5’ of water to launch.

Edited by Hack_Fisherman

31 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

I’m eager to see what Tesla comes up with. Seeing lots of Tesla’s cars around here lately

Aside from the “stadium headlights”, I love everything that Rivian has created in this pickup. I’m sure I can’t afford one when they are available, but man do I think this stuff is off the charts cool. This video gives you a really good look inside and out. Rivian was founded by one of Tesla’s early founders and backed by Ford. I think this may be where Ford is getting its tech for the F150 electric