Stata una giornata intensa

misfish

la pioggia cadde the first few hours this morning. But, I fiume for 3 hours. Not a touch nor a bobble from the float.  Dark skies above,I knew rain was to fall . Stuck it out to see if I would hook up. With pesce to smoke from the day befores catch , my plan I was to leave before 10 am to complete along with  my many other tasks for the day. I had a  box of  Peperoni  to roast, and aglio as well. I packed the float rod away and was about to do the same with the casting rod. I thought what the heck, lets cast a few more. oh mio 1st cast and I was sorpreso with a thunderst hit. .Fresh pesce  attacks the spinner, and is a freshy from the bay. Silver chinny. What a grande bonus to end the morning.

I quickly clean it up and head home for my planned chores for the day. On vacation,but still lavorare

giornata intensa

DSCF4979.JPG.e012245b76dfb64b4aac5b24e79cb61c.JPG

DSCF4985.JPG.56d35d118d526e028a270163edfcffc1.JPG

DSCF4988.JPG.0e0b54962126d76c803e9fbeb4595926.JPG

DSCF4987.JPG.1dbb241121674ea6f12fb20ad68dca9c.JPG

DSCF4989.JPG.255ccaad99a6ac427f234107833ee8c8.JPG

DSCF4990.JPG.35e95d473fb225a5a02c13e67e387183.JPG

DSCF4991.JPG.c2a3e5d579fc18ae56d906e18fb6fbfc.JPG

DSCF4992.JPG.8893b330cc69a1dde46df8d5850d59e5.JPG

DSCF4993.JPG.7d5d84f7d24585f73d535c00b6b68098.JPG

Each bag 3-4 Peperoni and 2-3 cloves of roasted  aglio.

DSCF4997.JPG.b293892a4eb7f46b08f7896eecfce95f.JPG

Gift from a co worker. I added this to my maple syrup glaze for the  pesce. This stuff has some kick to it. :w00t:

DSCF5001.JPG.2a29aebc014513a065fe15a21dbda99c.JPG

DSCF5004.JPG.6285455ea1cc24432dcf67cfd3314b68.JPG

grazie per la lettura

Edited by misfish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

grazie per un rapporto glorioso per noi  stranieri qui al sud, i peperoni sono grandi, ma perché l'aglio? Di solito lo inserisco fresco quando li aggiusto.

well done Brian! 

salt, vegetable oil, lots of fresh parsley and fresh garlic is all I use.

Goes well in prosciutto, hot supresata or salmi sandwich. Italian ciabatta sliced, drizzled with OLIVE oil and toasted in the oven. 

And aside of assorted olives does it; oh red wine.

8 minutes ago, ketchenany said:

grazie per un rapporto glorioso per noi  stranieri qui al sud, i peperoni sono grandi, ma perché l'aglio? Di solito lo inserisco fresco quando li aggiusto.

thanks for a glorious relationship for us foreigners here in the south, peppers are great, but why garlic? I usually insert it fresh when I adjust it.

It is what  I do. LOL

Thanks Albert:good:

I like to heat it up and just put over pasta with some fresh parma. ;)

Edited by misfish

I smell Fall in the air. Maybe time to get a bushel of Shepard's, the pepper not the herder. I used to do 5 and give away 4 1/2. Had to Fed Ex more than a few to Halifax. Nothing better than to smell BBQ'd peppers and red wine in September. Very good Italian Brian. I know it must be because I only understand some of it. 

Each jar or freezer bag always got a few cloves of garlic and a few Bay leaves. One can't mess with success. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

2 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I smell Fall in the air. Maybe time to get a bushel of Shepard's, the pepper not the herder. I used to do 5 and give away 4 1/2. Had to Fed Ex more than a few to Halifax. Nothing better than to smell BBQ'd peppers and red wine in September. Very good Italian Brian. I know it must be because I only understand some of it. 

I will keep 3-4 of the 12 made. Rest to co workers. Its something I like to do. I had no wine while roasting, but had a sip to sip on. You are right, the smell is something . You just have to do to understand.

Like I said before, always enjoyed fishing and having drinks and food with Italian friends.  They are like newfies, just no mob attached to them. LMAO

3 hours ago, misfish said:

I will keep 3-4 of the 12 made. Rest to co workers. Its something I like to do. I had no wine while roasting, but had a sip to sip on. You are right, the smell is something . You just have to do to understand.

Like I said before, always enjoyed fishing and having drinks and food with Italian friends.  They are like newfies, just no mob attached to them. LMAO

Tou di la verita. "You speak the truth" in my Amiltonyio Italiano. I can butcher a language as well as I can butcher a song. One of the best Fall days we ever had here at the cottage was the day we had a few guests over and I taught them how to pull the skins and seeds out of the peppers, the worst job BBQ ing them. I brought the TV, area rug, sofa, love seat, tall lamp, the coffee table and magazine rack out on the rather large deck and watched the Bills beat New England that afternoon. This was before we moved here and had the furniture the previous owners left. How can you beat a day like that? We did something similar when I brought a TV down to the beach and watched the Stanley Cup when Buffalo was in the final. A bon fire with salzeeges and Sicilian potatoes on the coals roasting and a cooler full of Molson's and a crock of Crown Royal plus we had the Stanley Cup on. Now that is a Canadian commercial like no other. The only problem was with the bugs on the screen there was more than a few dozen pucks in play.

Warning, do not spray a TV screen with Muskall to keep the bugs off it. We might have done that after we put a good dent in the bottle of Crown. 

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2019 at 5:51 PM, misfish said:

Roasting Shepard's (again the peppers not the herders) isn't fun unless there is someone with you. It is an event not a chore. I taught a few mangacakes here how to do them years ago. Charlie Hoover made the best roast red pepper soup you ever had (RIP Chuck) . Now It's a tradition here that has been passed on to folks that can date their Families back to the Revolutionary War. The Hoover Family out here are descendants of United Empire Loyalists that came north in 1775 and 1776. I think it is a great thing that they have Family members in the US that decided to stay and now they have a huge Family reunion with Canucks that left and Yanks that stayed over 200 hundred years ago in Maryland and Ohio.  

Edited by Old Ironmaker

20 hours ago, gino said:

Hey Brian, loved the report. ? That's Hungarian pear palinka. Strong, but the taste and flavor  is awesome. I bet the fish tasted good. Some LCBO stores carry a peach flavored palinka, worth all the $$.

Thanks Gino, and like I mentioned, the taste is very pleasant. Refreshing. Just brushed a coating on this new batch. My friend will get some as a thank you. I just took a small swig, and ya, it,s so nice yet, powerful.

• Like 1

I can't remember what I was going to say but guarantee you it had nothing to do with this thread! Oh yea it does. Mom and Dad used to put the BBQ'd peppers in brown paper bags to sweat them well and the skins came off easily. I lay down newspapers and lay the peppers on them in layers on the table. Does the same thing as paper bags of which I never get any paper bags from the store these days.