Kevin O’Leary’s wife, Linda O’Leary, charged in fatal Lake Joseph boat crash

FishFishing

6 hours ago, fooch1199 said:

Same night as this, there was a bad accident on stoney lake which people died. I had friends that knew those people. They were not anyone famous. No one cares about their names. Throw in the name O'Leary and there is an argument. Ask yourself why. Fishing forum people. 

There's truth to what you say as I actually posted here about the guys dying on Stoney Lake and it received very few replies. Guess it just takes a celebrity to be be involved to bring out all the OFC forensic experts.

Edited by lew
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

Has anyone actually seen pictures of the accident or know what the boats were that were involved?

17kph can do a heck of a lot of damage if the boats are big enough. 

The bigger the boat the higher the mass and the bigger the force.

Simple physics really. 

True---but she was driving the smaller boat. 

This thread, (and the one that was locked, rightly so), is the reason I am on this site less and less. So many armchair quarterbacks with heresay and theory and statements with little merit or science. Before we execute the innocent, 'till proven guilty, let's see how the legal eagles handle things through the appropriate process .. just sayin'.

1 hour ago, lew said:

Seems to me I read somewhere that the folks that were killed were on a pontoon boat and if so, I guess it would be somewhat easy for the other boat to possibly ride up over it and hit the people ??

Indeed, it was referenced as a 'pontoon-style boat', and it also does not take much speed to cause a fatality. One of my distant relatives was killed when a baseball hit him in the temple while playing catch. A perfect storm kind of thing.

I have not seen a photo or read how bigO’Learys boat is

but it must be big the fine could be big because it wasn't considered a pleasure craft

OPP Staff Sergeant Carolle Dionne said Ms. O’Leary faces a fine of $1-million and up to 18 months in prison if convicted. Mr. Greenspan, however, pointed to a copy of the Canada Gazette from April, 2009, which publishes federal government regulations. The document states that higher penalties and potential jail time applies to non-pleasure vessels, while pleasure vessels carry a maximum penalty of $10,000.

Not that it matters, but I only agree with half of the posts on this thread! I do agree that I have no faith whatsoever in the court system to sort this out fairly.

In defence of Art (not that it is necessary or matters!) but in the case of a recent thread of mine, I requested that he shut it down. He respectfully obliged. Thanks Art, for all you folks do!

Someone here said it best. Why are we debating and discussing a tragedy for 3 pages and counting and nothing is mentioned of other deaths equaling as tragic of non celebs at all. Like The Stoney Lake boating related death. 

Last week a middle aged woman was found drowned not far from us. The sis in law of a guy we know. Her husband, our friends brother,  upon learning of her death drove to Niagara Falls and hurled himself over the Horse Shoe falls. Any less of a tragedy, I think not. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker
  • Like 1

If people think this thread is a blemish for OFC or don't like the arm chair forensic experts and opinions, easy solution, DON'T CLICK ON IT AND READ IT.

This story is on people's minds and lips because it was a terrible tragedy and it involves an unlikeable Canadian celebrity, and his story stinks and smells like bull crap.

Nobody is saying one person's life is more valued than another's.

• Like 4