Outstanding customer service

lew

As  I posted in another thread my wife and I have been travelling around the east coast of the U.S. and the Maritimes for awhile now. We always stay at Hampton Inn & Suites whenever possible because they're great hotels and that point was really proven this week.

We were staying in Charlottetown PEI last week and left there on Monday  for Moncton NB where we are now. After we arrived at our hotel here and were unpacking our things we realized we'd left several hundred dollars worth of clothing in PEI.....don't ask LOL

We called them right away and the desk clerk said she was just getting ready to call us as the housekeeper had found our stuff while cleaning the room.

She told us not to be concerned as they'd look after everything for us, pack up all our things and ship them over here with Purolator. That was Monday afternoon and all our stuff arrived at 9:00 this morning (Wednesday) all neatly folded & packed into a couple boxes....about 43 hours.

Total cost to me was a measly $38

Customer service doesn't get any better than that.

Edited by lew
  • Like 3

Yup, agree with your assessment about Hampton. They are our preferred hotels also.

How did you like PEI? I visited last year. My late brother lived in Moncton....nice place. Don't forget to visit the monument honouring the 3 RCMP officers who were gunned down.

12 minutes ago, Gerry said:

How did you like PEI? I visited last year. 

We're big fans of the Island Gerry and have visited several times, infact we we're just there 3 years ago. It's a beautiful place where everyone is really proud of their homes and look after them. Driving around there for 3 days I don't think I saw a single piece of garbage thrown on the ground.

• Like 2

Lew, not Lou. Great to hear some positive feedback for customer service these days. The bad ones get all the ink and those that are good don't. Enjoy the rest of your trip. I don't know if you are going to or have been to Nova Scotia yet. Remember to get out by Thanksgiving. I visited once at that time and found myself on the business end of a snow plow working for free for my BIL! Took an early flight home. 

Really nice to hear such positive views of good service! I have always had good times at Hampton Inn as well. Always had nice breakfasts too!

Lew, We were in PEI a few years ago and only got to spend two or three days there. It is definitely on our list of places to get back to. I drove the bridge from NB over and took the ferry off the South end to Nova Scotia. Awesome place! We even got out for some fishing while there.