brkygetr

Nip south Bay

Heading up tomorrow for the weekend to stay at Bear Creek cottages for the weekend. Anyone been this time of year? We are just going to have some fun and look for some walleye. Going to be a treat to have an actual cabin to stay in for once!!! Fall is my favorite time for walleye and should be interesting as I have never fished Nip before.

Let me know if you are in the know..

Dale

Too late to help now I guess. Hope you had a great time. My former in laws had a cottage next door to Bear Lake Cottages. Great area. The Donavan's ran it then young Dan took it over. I hear it sold. I taught little Danny how to catch a Football. This time of year we found it tough to find Walleye. Usually fished South Bay  for Pike especially if the wind was blowing.

My favorite cottage at Bear Creek  was the Rock Cottage. We always had a huge Thanksgiving there and a few couples rented the Rock Cottage so I didn't have to sleep in the truck, alone. That area is so beautiful my ex tells me many of the cousins moved to the area after retirement, a few earlier. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Carp in Owen sounds/ Georgian bay

Hi  guys I’m over from England and about to spend 2 nights in Owen sounds can anyone give me any areas near by where I may catch or find some decent size carp! Remember seeing some massive ones a few years ago when I was last here but they weren’t interested in being caught! Thanks Harry.

in General Discussion

• Bay of Quinte Walleye?

I haven't been down to Bay of Quinte since early spring for Walleye and I was wondering how they are biting I just bought a new boat and i'm dying to get out there!!!  

in General Discussion

• Great Week on Nip/Upper French

Another great week at Sandy Haven Camp on Nip/Upper French.  Been going there for over 35 years and its about as good as it's ever been.   Three generations of Dietz boys hit the Nipissing grand slam.  Boated two muskies, had hooks in two more and numerous follows.   The walleye bite was hot with 40-50 fish days and limits of keepers.   Bass fishing, smallies and largemouth, was real good too.   That place is on fire!

in General Discussion

• Kamaniskeg Lake ( Barrys bay)

Was talking to a friend that said he fished there back in the 80s. Just wondering how the fishing was now a days. If anyone is familiar with it. Thanks

in General Discussion

• Nipissing West Bay weekend

Hey guys! Had a great weekend of fishing and camping with my son this past weekend.  We camped on an island and fished , and fished...😁. Bite was hot, we caught some good numbers of pike...not big ones but really feisty ones. Got in to some bass, but none was pic worthy. Perch was on, all weekend,  we got a few jumbos while we trolled for walleye.  Speaking about walleye...we caught good numbers of those, most of them in between 10 -16 inches. We got keepers also, 2 nice walleye, 19 and 22

in General Discussion