mamona

Where can I find bass today?

Usual summer spots, like wood and any other structures do not produce much.
I am blind on my yak, no fish finder, no maps available. What would be best spots to find them?
Some of my lakes are deep, mostly rocky. Just a few good vegetation spots on them. 

Deep basins off the weed edges would be a good place to start.

Also, invest in a sonar, you're crazy not to have one.  

• Like 1

Just now, Rattletrap2 said:

Mamona,

Have you looked at the Navionics app for your phone? It works great (better than the Navionics on a graph in my opinion). I think it was $20 to $30.

I did, most of my kayak lakes are not mapped.

if you want to catch smallmouth right now, you pretty much have to have electronics.

They were all 22+ fow deep and needed to see the bait dropped on their head to eat.

You need to put your polaroid's on and look in the water and make mental notes.

Where did that weed start where did disappear could you still feel weed down.

Exactly where that rock out cropping is.

And most important where you got a bite.

So the next time you go back your route to success is shorter.    

12 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

if you want to catch smallmouth right now, you pretty much have to have electronics.

They were all 22+ fow deep and needed to see the bait dropped on their head to eat.

I guess it depends on the lake---we caught some quite shallow in a small lake last Thur.

1 hour ago, SirCranksalot said:

I guess it depends on the lake---we caught some quite shallow in a small lake last Thur.

funny you say that cause i caught a consistent bite deep but my biggest bite of the weekend was in less than 5fow. go figure. There was another 2lber with the fish too and i caught that as well, but then got skunked the other 3 days i was fishing unless i was fishing 22+fow.

Today? every day is different! It was like 72 here Monday, then hovering around 90 Tuesday and Wednesday, and back to the lower 70's today, unstable weather can throw the bite and fish location off, deeper fish might be less affected by the changes.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.