Early fall lures for bass and pike

Hack_Fisherman

I’m off this week and fishing for large and small mouth bass. Also looking for pike.

Ive used various swimming/diving baits, small& large spinners, tube jigs, grubs and small spoons. Tough few days and I’ve thrown nearly everything at them. 

Do you guys have preference for early fall selection, choices or techniques?

the lake I’m on is tea stained. Colour suggestions?

Edited by Hack_Fisherman

been relying on my electronics to find the smallies, they seem to have moved out off of the edge because of the wild temperature swings up shallow and are easily spotted in 20+fow.

Ive simply been dropping a drop shot right on their heads.

Ive found a few fish shallow grinding cranks, but more consistent bite is off shore. They are all puking up crayfish big time when i pull them up. 

The pike are all holding to the liveliest sections of weeds. Any time ive found healthy weeds the pike are holding to them as the majority of milfoil etc is now dying off.

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2019 at 11:11 PM, Hack_Fisherman said:

I’m off this week and fishing for large and small mouth bass. Also looking for pike.

Ive used various swimming/diving baits, small& large spinners, tube jigs, grubs and small spoons. Tough few days and I’ve thrown nearly everything at them. 

Do you guys have preference for early fall selection, choices or techniques?

the lake I’m on is tea stained. Colour suggestions?

What has your weather been like? colld fronts rolling in can affect the bite, colors? it can make a difference, with soft plastics like worms or lizards I usually had two rods set up with the same bait, one light, one dark. Depth, I have caught largemouth at Pointe Au Baril in 20 feet of water hanging out with the small mouth, the only reason I could think of it happening was food, cooling temps, but not that cool?

Jig and soft plastic?

Fall is sort of strange at times, especially if you are having wide temperature swings.

27 minutes ago, OhioFisherman said:

What has your weather been like? colld fronts rolling in can affect the bite, colors? it can make a difference, with soft plastics like worms or lizards I usually had two rods set up with the same bait, one light, one dark. Depth, I have caught largemouth at Pointe Au Baril in 20 feet of water hanging out with the small mouth, the only reason I could think of it happening was food, cooling temps, but not that cool?

Jig and soft plastic?

Fall is sort of strange at times, especially if you are having wide temperature swings.

Thanks, very cool weather, yes. Having some luck with darker plastics. 

My white and my crayfish pattern Big "O"s are my faves at any time of year. A wacky worm near weeds or timber works quite well esp on sunny days,  My bud used to swear by watermelon but  have used diff colors---pink, etc. The advantage of pink is that you can see your bait better and watch it being gulped on occasion.