Hey pop,want to go fishing ??????

misfish

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SURE

I get an invite to go fish some banks for salmon yesterday. Report from the day ,it was stellar.  We all know, the stellar days are always the, should of been here yesterday the next day. We meet up in the dark on some dead end road. I had to google map the spot. Plan was meet up at 4am. Son is like me,get there early and get yer spot. I arrive and the gangs is there with,n minutes of each other. I start to get dressed up for the party,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 

I am the only one getting suited up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WTH.  Next thing I hear is, you wearing all that ?  My reply, we are fishing the river correct ? My answer, Yes. OK then. I hear a bit of laughter, and chuckles.  I have no clue  where we are fishing, but do know, looking at the map, the river is not that close . So all dressed for the party, we start our way into the dark with head lamps pointing straight forward. I was the guy at the back of the line , so my head lamp was pointed down, so I knew where I was walking. I let the young guys blaze the trail.  After the first 15 minutes,I was thinking we were getting close. I yell up to the leader, we there yet ? My reply, just getting started. OMG.My reply was, you know I have a bad knee,bad back and I need to stop and pee right ? My reply, your good ole man, just follow our lights.

So after what seemed like 2 hours ,  (Was only 1 hour) ,we arrive at the spot, the stellar day spot from yesterday. 1.5  hours still til day light, I sit on the bank and just chill.  It didn't take long for my attention to catch the sounds of swirls and jumping of fish. They were every where.  To the left, to the right, even right in front of me. It was stellar. I thought OMG, were going to have a great morning.

Day light starts to show and I start with hardware. Nada. Chuck for another 30 minutes and, nada. Ok, time for the fresh skein under ye float. I,ll show these young guns how it,s done. 2 drifts, float goes under, pull, nada . HA HA, you missed. Buggers. Continue on.  Son tosses a fresh bag , drift and wham . Kids, what ya going to do.  A short fight and , gone. Rookies. LOL

I re skein,drift, float down, Swing and another miss. Old age reflex. Son drifts again, and dip, dip, yank, fish on. A great battle for a fresh runner. Managed to help him out as the NET man. We, well they,  had many on and many dip dip and swings and misses by me, this morning.  It got quiet so by 10 am, we made the walk back.  Oh to walk in day light.LOL

I can sit hear and say , I would do this everyday. The body pain I am feeling now is nothing, compared to, the great feeling of fishing with my son.

DSCF4969.JPG.967e6cd45556e08e6fc3f40e16e65c0c.JPG

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Big Cliff said:

What a wonderful report ? I can't do the walking any more but my son and I have managed to fish some wonderful back wood lakes this summer. You are right,  nothing beats it!

Like Cliff, walking is a thing of the past...Two of my sons (one from London and another from BC) have started an annual fishing trip up my way the past three years...they rent a pontoon boat outfitted for fishing from Buckeye in Bobcaygeon so that all I need to do is step on instead of climbing into a regular style boat (I even have trouble with a bass boat) some years my grandson and great-grandson join us...Great feeling watching them fishing even if the fishes don't co-operate...

• Like 1