waiting for the big blow

lew

Morning boyz, me & the Mrs. are currently touring the East Coast and having a great time. Just spent 3 days in Bar Harbor Maine and are now in St. Andrews New Brunswick on the shore of  Bay of Fundy waiting for what's left of Hurricane Dorian to hit later today. Sposed to get very windy with up to 4 inches of rain so it"ll be interesting for sure. 

Halifax isn't too far away as the crow flies an they're gonna get the brunt of it with winds around 70 - 80 mph and heavy rain. We'll be heading there on Monday so  hopefully everybody will be OK

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NAW said:

Good luck Lew!  I did the same tour a few years back just in reverse.   PEI, Cape Breton, Halifax, Fundy, Bar Harbour, then Lake Placid.  Great little trip! 

Your right NAW, this is a great area to visit, infact it's our 5th or 6th trip down here.

As for the surfing, I think my surfing days are far behind me  LOL

5  minutes from the Bridge Lew and she is over looking the river there. Was there in late April beginning of May and the place she bought 3 yrs ago l could not believe what she paid 3.75 acres looking at that river and she owns 100 ft into the river for 300 thousand with 4 bedrooms and more. WOW ?

10 hours ago, lew said:

Morning boyz, me & the Mrs. are currently touring the East Coast and having a great time. Just spent 3 days in Bar Harbor Maine and are now in St. Andrews New Brunswick on the shore of  Bay of Fundy waiting for what's left of Hurricane Dorian to hit later today. Sposed to get very windy with up to 4 inches of rain so it"ll be interesting for sure. 

Halifax isn't too far away as the crow flies an they're gonna get the brunt of it with winds around 70 - 80 mph and heavy rain. We'll be heading there on Monday so  hopefully everybody will be OK

I remember one of my uncles with a picture of his car stuck in the bay of fundy during low tide, he was lucky to get it out in time!

2 hours ago, OhioFisherman said:

I remember one of my uncles with a picture of his car stuck in the bay of fundy during low tide, he was lucky to get it out in time!

He was VERY lucky Paul, Fundy has the highest tides in the world.

• Like 1

LOL, ya they drove out because they saw other vehicles out there, looking for sea shells or something, and didn't know there were places to avoid. Early 1960's, and he had his 1961 Chevy Impala buried. I guess people there were used to that so he didn't have much of a problem getting a tow out. Saw pictures of the tides, crazy!

On 9/7/2019 at 6:50 AM, lew said:

Safe travels Lew!

Morning guys, we're still touring the east coast and are currently in PEI but I certainly won't bore you with holiday pics LOL

Did want to show a couple pics though of the damage done here by Hurricane Dorian. Only saw a couple buildings with damage but the number of trees snapped off is insane and I couldn't even guess how many thousands were destroyed.

Same with corn fields where many of them are flattened and I don't even know if the farmers can harvest the cobs the way everything is laying down but  I didn't take any pics of them.

Here's a couple pictures I took along a single 1/2 mile stretch of one road we were on yesterday but as always with photographs they don't even come close to portraying the actual damage.

And no, I'm not taking these while driving at 50K LOL

013.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

I can't picture a farmer harvesting corn off the ground, the machines I have seen them use don't appear to be set up to operate like that? Labor costs to do it by hand would break them? Because of the very wet spring here the corn crop is down by an estimated 35%, some fields never got planted. Have a great time traveling!

We've been in a bunch of fishing ports Brian but haven't really talked to any of the boat crews but most of the locals say the boats are doing well. I sometimes have issues with shellfish so stay away from it but Diane's had lobster a couple times and really enjoyed it. She had a 2 pounder at a wharf side restaurant beside the boats the other night and payed $49 but I have no idea if that's a good price but from the smile on her face I guess it was LOL

Paul, I was thinking the exact same thing, that it could be difficult to harvest that corn and it'll be a shame if they can't being so close to the end of the season.

Edited by lew

34 minutes ago, lew said:

She had a 2 pounder at a wharf side restaurant beside the boats the other night and payed $49 but I have no idea if that's a good price but from the smile on her face I guess it was LOL

Happy wife, happy Lew. I am so glad you 2 are having a good time bud.:good: