Slingfisher

Moving on from pickerel

Ok, this one that Slingfisher jr caught was pretty nice but we have moved on to Specs.  Went to Blue Fox Camp north of Blind River this past June.  Spectacular fishing including this brute.  Already booked for next year.  

4F7E5B5E-739C-4AC9-AFB4-7D3632D75E94.jpeg

31A23900-8CE8-487A-A1BD-CE099F2B3EC2.jpeg

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Moving North? Things to consider

Hey guys,  As most of you would know, I am a city dude, own a condo in Toronto and cottage in Pointe Au Baril most weekends at my parents place. A recent change at my work has resulted in me now working remotely and at home which subsequently allows me to spend far more time at the lake. Ive begun to realize that the only reason I still live in Toronto is because 1. my girlfriend works here (she lives in her own condo) and 2. I play hockey here. As the months pass I am starting to

in General Discussion

• Lake Erie Pickerel Heating Up

Been out on Erie 4 of the past 7 days and although the numbers aren't as good as last year, the fish we have got have been significantly bigger including two 8 pounders.

in General Discussion

• Walleye vs Pickerel

I've always wondered where the name Pickerel came from so I Googled it.  I came across a couple of websites that illustrate they are two different fish and the fish we see in many photos from southern Ontario (the great lakes, Kawarthas, etc) are not Pickerel because Pickerel is a different species. https://northernwilds.com/pickerel-vs-walleye-setting-the-record-straight/ I was wondering why Walleye is also called Pickerel.  Another search brought me to a site that simple said many de

in General Discussion

• Interesting article on invasive 'Chain Pickerel'

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/dreaded-invasive-fish-makes-its-way-into-kejimkujik-park/ar-BBM8yYR?OCID=ansmsnnews11

in General Discussion

• A couple pics from pickerel opener.

Got out last weekend for the opener.  Water temps were cold from 48 to 54. We caught fish but had to work for them. Here's a couple pics.  They were alot deeper than I would've expected for the time of year and temps.  All were caught in 15 to 20 feet of water on a jig and minnow. 

in General Discussion