any rule changes to port hope area fishing

huzzsaba

As title mentions, any changes to port hope area fishing rules this year?  Planning to go do some spoon chucking at night in the next few weeks for salmon.  Also want to know if the east side pier is easy to get to considering there is a lot of walking over boulders etc.

Thanks

25 minutes ago, misfish said:

They have shut Port Hope down. No longer is angling allowed there. :devil:

Nooo lol.  Ive only ever caught there chucking spoons. tried the roe bags, but we all know how that turns out, usually end up side hooking the fish.  Interested in the pier fishing. 

Edited by huzzsaba

43 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Huzz, ya gotta buy my boat. It's all ready for trolling out there. I might even throw in a rod or 2. Then you can take me fishing. 

was thinking about a boat today, but gotta get my boating license first.  Cant seem to get the answers to the questions right ?.  for now the inflatable is working in smaller lakes.  would be fun to reel in a 20 lb salmon from an inflatable.  not sure who would be reeling who ??

Fishing from an inflatable for salmon is the best fishing possible here in Ontario. Except for the inflatable part. Salmon thrash at the boat so be very carefull of how you end the fight or an errant hook could be catastrophic. For some reason authorities around Ontario have become obsessive about night fishing. It's getting banned everywhere including here in St Catherines.. Mainly they do it by banning parking overnight. Unfortunately nighttime fishing for salmon is by far the most successful method. Killjoys.