Ready for battle

misfish

Another morning on the toon and yet another pin hole leak on the welded seam. This is getting very upsetting to say the least. So off the water early, head home, fix pin hole leak, grab my fall weapons of choice, clean,spool with fresh line. Soon my babies, very soon,you will be reunited with me and the river,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Theres that Whisker SS I was telling ya about in the reel thread. :Gonefishing:

DSCF4908.JPG.97d6669d276cdfdef6ca9819a5072347.JPG

I didnt even get to see the finish of the sun rise. :wallbash:

DSCF4905.JPG.d02d3c7accdc9d516b0d3444cb2ac000.JPG

Edited by misfish

11 minutes ago, MJL said:

Daiwa Whisker SS? At school, our teacher told us that’s what the dinosaurs used to fish with before they went extinct. You must be ancient. ?

Before the dinosaur age , steelheaders used Zebco Cardinal 3's and 4's.

9 minutes ago, MJL said:

Daiwa Whisker SS? At school, our teacher told us that’s what the dinosaurs used to fish with before they went extinct. You must be ancient. ?

LOL

Great to hear from you Mikey. Be seeing you soon bud. There is a skunk tied on to that rod BTW. ;)

5 minutes ago, dave524 said:

Before the dinosaur age , steelheaders used Zebco Cardinal 3's and 4's.

I have 2, gen 2 ones. The black 3,s models Dave. And extra spools. It was the one to have in the 80,s. Bought at K-Mart in Brampton $45.  I have not used them in 30 plus years. Sitting collecting dust.

Had to edit due to years forgot. LOL

Edited by misfish

1 minute ago, misfish said:

I have 2, gen 2 ones. The black 3,s models Dave. And extra spools. It was the one to have in the 80,s. Bought at K-Mart in Brampton.  I have not used them in 20 plus years. Sitting collecting dust.

I had a green 4 and a beige 3, think the beige one was an Abu not an original Zebco, lost both in a break in to my van at Queenston, Had to replace them with the same Abu black ones you got with the skirted spools and that infernal line clip that quickly got removed. 

3 minutes ago, dave524 said:

I had a green 4 and a beige 3, think the beige one was an Abu not an original Zebco, lost both in a break in to my van at Queenston, Had to replace them with the same Abu black ones you got with the skirted spools and that infernal line clip that quickly got removed. 

I found a green 3 at a garage sale probly 83. Guy said a he would take a buck for it. Nothing wrong with it. I flipped it a month later for $270. You wont get that now a days. LOL