Any charters for Balsam/Cameron?

Raycaster

• 1 month later...

Had our charter with Greg Klatt yesterday on Balsam and it was exactly what we wanted.

We have fished over 10 yrs on Balsam and do OK but if our usual spots and techniques weren't working we were in for a slow day.

Basically Greg gave us a Plan B,C and D with great technique instruction and rod and line presentation that is sure to increase our success.

Discussions about weed/rock formation were eye opening and can't wait for next year to use this new knowledge.

Big thanks to Greg for teaching a few "Old dogs New tricks"!

• Like 1

I think the total for the 3 of us were 8-10 walleye and 5-8 bass.

We broke off 3 lines that could of been pike.

We ran light action rods with light line and didnt target Pike as we already do pretty well with them.

I think that total was great as we always find it tough in the Fall.

Followed up yesterday by myself in the brutal weather and ended with 2 small walleye and lots of panfish, impossible to stay on spot as it was whitecaps all morning.

Calmed down in West Bay with a nice fat 5lb Bass off Ant Island. Beautiful fish but no fight.

• Like 1

Thank you. Haven't been there in a while and nice to hear good results! A weird slot there. Any of a size to be kept? Last time out we 3 got 5 walleye and one was ok to keep but just barely so got released. 

Edited by cisco

Cisco, The small ones under the slot size really make you ask yourself " do I really want to fillet these"?

I threw them back and kept the bass hoping for pike or 2 but when no pikes volunteered I threw the bass back too.

Can't help thinking about the charters on St. Clair that have a clothes line of walleye hanging!

Edited by Raycaster
  • Like 1