What is EEE Virus?

Old Ironmaker

I watch the CBS affiliate news from Boston. For 3 days they are talking about this illness EEE.  that has required hospitalization and in some cases has caused death in humans and has killed a horse in the Boston area. Never defined the acronym for the decease nor the bug it is transferred by. Tic's, mosquito's what? Terrible journalism. W5, who, what, when, where, why. Grade 9 journalism. 

News about this has died down the past few years, I recall maybe ten or so years ago they were wanting you to report dead birds, Blue Jays and Crows were especially susceptible as they were an intermediate host for the disease. Guess it reared it's head again.

Edit: SVS, oldtimers acting up had it confused with West Nile

well maybe they are quite similar, O.I. here is what your local goobermint has on the subject  https://hnhu.org/health-topic/eastern-equine-encephalitis-eee/

Edited by dave524

Thanks Dave I finally Googled it and ut showed EEEv, v for virus. Then the article from The Hadimand/Nofolk site refers to WNv. Another thing to google, West Nile, everyone knows West Nile. The millennials and gen Xers are speaking to us as they speak everyday. In acronyms. LOL, ROTFLMAO. Or L2M. Laughing to myself, that's one I made up myself today. Or MUM2D.