Lake Erie walleye factory

gino

35 minutes ago, OhioFisherman said:

Just imagine how good it might be and stay if they banned commercial netting on all of Lake Erie?

Then it wouldn't be fair my Buckeye pal.I don't think I'll see it in my lifetime. 

Gino, my wife pointed out that the guy in photo's 5 and 6 could be my twin. She might be right. I don't think I have a recent, 25 years, pic of me without my hat and shades on and I'm not holding a fish. I'll look. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Then it wouldn't be fair my Buckeye pal.I don't think I'll see it in my lifetime. 

Gino, my wife pointed out that the guy in photo's 4 and 5 could be my twin. She might be right. I don't think I have a recent, 25 years, pic of me without my hat and shades on and I'm not holding a fish. I'll look. 

Toxic algal bloom shuts down Columbia Road Beach in Bay Village

That beach is only a couple of miles east of where I used to live in Avon Lake, the lake is facing a lot of challenges, doing everything possible to protect the fishery and water supply seems fair to me?

6 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Gino, my wife pointed out that the guy in photo's 5 and 6 could be my twin. She might be right. I don't think I have a recent, 25 years, pic of me without my hat and shades on and I'm not holding a fish. I'll look. 

Bring out the picture.?

On 8/21/2019 at 8:39 AM, J Roelofsen said:

The Gobies certainly help those Bass pack on the pounds! But even the average Goby size has been cut in half from what it was little more than a decade ago. It will definitely be interesting to see how their population holds up to the Walleye explosion. 

Josh 

A few years ago fishing Perch at Port Burwell buddy caught a jhet black 12" Goby. I was told that's what the original sizes were when they first were found in Erie. I found an article saying the same thing. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

3 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

This is the latest pic I have. If I find my phones patch cord I'll take a new one. Notte Bene, I locked my elbows! Not bad shape for 65. 

DSCF1617.JPG?

nice! Good size walleye ?

14 hours ago, Squid said:

We will see what the government does. I am sure that they will close this office down.

Like the article states Chatham is about 45 minutes from the Wheatly office. Chatham is only  20 minutes to Lake Sinclair. That move doesn't effect us much as Wheatly is where our CO's are stationed to the 3 hrs.and 12 mins away now to 3 hrs. and 57 minutes away if the office is moved to Chatham. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

8 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Like the article states Chatham is about 45 minutes from the Wheatly office. Chatham is only  20 minutes to Lake Sinclair. That move doesn't effect us much as Wheatly is where our CO's are stationed to the 3 hrs.and 12 mins away now to 3 hrs. and 57 minutes away if the office is moved to Chatham. 

When I worked for the ministry O.I. in the '70's you had a big MNR office in Simcoe and another in Fonthill in Niagara, I believe both are gone now, this downsizing has been going on long before the recent change in provincial government.

Its just the beginning with the present government. I can see them cutting back on environmental protection of our lakes and rivers and cut backs to the natural resources ministry next year. If one believes that this is not the case then you live in a glass house. For me its a non starter if a sitting government starts to play with our  natural resources. 

7 hours ago, dave524 said:

When I worked for the ministry O.I. in the '70's you had a big MNR office in Simcoe and another in Fonthill in Niagara, I believe both are gone now, this downsizing has been going on long before the recent change in provincial government.

It isn't just the PC's doing the downsizing of the MNR, the Libs had done it when they were in power. I bet it can go back to the NDP too. Not many tax paying Ontarians give a hoot about the MNR anyway. 

6 hours ago, Squid said:

Its just the beginning with the present government. I can see them cutting back on environmental protection of our lakes and rivers and cut backs to the natural resources ministry next year. If one believes that this is not the case then you live in a glass house. For me its a non starter if a sitting government starts to play with our  natural resources. 

Please read my response above. Ask the majority of Ontario taxpayers if they would rather have a tax hike or have funding cut in the MNR I know what the answer would be, including so called environmentalists. 

16 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

It isn't just the PC's doing the downsizing of the MNR, the Libs had done it when they were in power. I bet it can go back to the NDP too. Not many tax paying Ontarians give a hoot about the MNR anyway. 

Please read my response above. Ask the majority of Ontario taxpayers if they would rather have a tax hike or have funding cut in the MNR I know what the answer would be, including so called environmentalists. 

I don't care about who is in government I care about the resources. I would rather have a tax hike to save our natural resources and I am sure that you didn't s[peak to a majority of Ontario taxpayers. 

10 hours ago, Squid said:

I don't care about who is in government I care about the resources. I would rather have a tax hike to save our natural resources and I am sure that you didn't s[peak to a majority of Ontario taxpayers. 

I would say you are in the minority Squid but I may be wrong, I often am, 

11 hours ago, Squid said:

In my years with the Dept of Lands and Forests , then the Ministry of Natural Resources, not really sure of the new name, think Forests worked it''s way back into the name. It was my impression that under a Conservative Government they viewed hunters and fishermen as allies while the environmentalists that supported Liberal government policies tended to view hunters and fishermen as the enemy, just saying . Be careful what you wish for.

1 hour ago, dave524 said:

In my years with the Dept of Lands and Forests , then the Ministry of Natural Resources, not really sure of the new name, think Forests worked it''s way back into the name. It was my impression that under a Conservative Government they viewed hunters and fishermen as allies while the environmentalists that supported Liberal government policies tended to view hunters and fishermen as the enemy, just saying . Be careful what you wish for.

I would have thought the opposite Dave. The libs being the tree huggers and the PC's big business that want's to forest and mine.