Gull lake (near Northbrook) 2nd week in September

tomO

Where are you staying? I've fished there a fair bit. Good walleye lake, but I never target bass. Theres also pike in there. 

I mainly troll for walleyes. Mostly in the evening into the night. We do well with taildancers, husky jerks, and scatter raps. Basically anything that runs 12-15ft, and trolling over deep water.  Jigging is good too. Lots of structure, shoals, and islands, so I find trolling more effective for locating fish, then jig those areas.  I mainly fish the east end. 

Good luck, you will love it up there. Beauty country! 

S. 

I've never been down that way. We are at the very far east end in coxvale. I prefer to troll. I don't jig much,and when I do its because trolling isn't working, and I use a jig and minnow.  I don't know that end of th alke at all. 

We get most of our walleyes now suspended over deep water, so jigging doesn't work too well. I was up the first weekend of august for one day, and we got 3 beauty walleye trolling the evening into night with a husky Jerk scatter rap #10. They work well. The deep husky jerks, and tail dancers are also good choices.  Might be different at your end of the lake, as is shallow, but our end is deep, so they suspend in the thermocline. 

S.