Wrapping up 2 weeks on Balsam

Raycaster

Just thought I'd make a quick post.

I usually just target pike (spinners/cranks) and I think the total is 7-8. My boat is slow so I have been hanging around Southbay and Ant Island.

Fishing has been ok but not great. I put ALOT of hours on the lake these 2 weeks and besides the 7-8 pikes I lost 4-5 including a bass. Never seen a wallaye these 2 weeks which is unusual.

I can't totally be disappointed as being lazy I threw out a wallaye harness and worms and trolled back slow from Southbay. Caught a 42" musky on the cheap CT walleye harness, took pics and had a healthy release. Makes me laugh thinking of all the $30+ musky lures I have for those Lake St. Clair trips.

Here are some pics, didnt bother with pike pics although they were decent 24-28.

IMG_1976.JPG

Everytime I see this island it reminds me of that island you could see infront of old Stelco before going over the skyway bridge in Hamilton.

IMG_1977.JPG

Pictures are unedited without lensflares/chromacrushing or colorgrading, I think mother natures makes it perfect already.

IMG_1978.JPG

The pikes were great meals.

IMG_1979.JPG

"Toothy" was released and swam away reminding himself to never be tempted by a $2 walleye harness again.

Edited by Raycaster
Spelling
  • Like 5

Would make another thread but during the 2 weeks actually figured out the Terra Nova would keep you on a straight path using the standard Auto Pilot. I have cursed for years using the advanced Auto Pilot. I know the difference between the 2 so always assumed the advanced was better. Well, the standard Auto Pilot works perfect or me now!