Battery Time

Fisherman

42 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

For those who have a tendency to procrastinate or have perpetual brain farts,  don't forget to put your fish finder batteries on charge once in a while.

On charge every time I come off the water. Along with the trolling battery.:Gonefishing:

Edited by misfish
  • Like 2

Lead acid batteries will fail much earlier if you leave them partially charged for any length of time. They should be charged back up full every time after you use them to get the lead out of solution and back on the plates.  

I have learned enough about batteries to write a book. My best advice, never let them go below 20%. Most batteries have a limited number of charges from dead or less than 20%. The number of discharges determines the cost of the battery. Also when buying a new batteries manufacture date.  Retailers will always flog the oldest batteries they have. Like buying milk. I put the receipt in a good Ziplock freezer bag and duct tape it to the side of the battery. I can never find receipts for returns. I do it with most stuff I buy, my wife has receipts going back 26 years. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I have been using the same battery going on 7 years. It is used for 9 months of the year. I charge it after every use. Weather it be 2 hours or 8 hours.  I still have 4 new ones that have yet to be used. Nice to have friends in high places. Or might be low places.  ?