Kayak Fishing on Mountsberg Reservoir for Pike (Video)

popofish!

Thought I'd share a video from a quick trip to Mountsberg Reservoir. Didn't get into any big pike but it is loads of fun to catch huge numbers of smaller ones. Most of the lake is weedy but there is one spot in the center that is a bit deeper than the rest. All the fish came from that ones spot. Enjoy!

Nice day you had popfish. I haven't fished there for 40 years I bet. Just want to remind you it is discouraged to divulge specific areas like Mountsberg because of it's small size. I bet the parking lot is full this weekend and guys will have white buckets full of hammer handles. I hope not. 

20 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Nice day you had popfish. I haven't fished there for 40 years I bet. Just want to remind you it is discouraged to divulge specific areas like Mountsberg because of it's small size. I bet the parking lot is full this weekend and guys will have white buckets full of hammer handles. I hope not. 

Might do some good, a lot of time numerous fish like that is a symptom of overpopulation, thinning the herd might increase the average size. I have seen farm ponds with a kazillion stunted bluegills and beaver ponds likewise with copious small specs.

Edited by dave524

6 hours ago, dave524 said:

Might do some good, a lot of time numerous fish like that is a symptom of overpopulation, thinning the herd might increase the average size. I have seen farm ponds with a kazillion stunted bluegills and beaver ponds likewise with copious small specs.

It could be the Gold Fish scenario, small tank small fish and vise versa. . A fish can not outgrow it's environment. Then there's Waterford.Used to hold big Bass, not now. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker