Help? Outboard Motor Cowl Sticker Installers??

buick14

Hello 

I purchased another cowl decal for my outboard as the old one was peeling and flaking 

I purchased a new one, which is $125 in the trashcan as I can’t install it myself-bubbles, ripples , wasn’t straight ......im done.  Clearly it’s beyond me to install.

i would like to purchase another sticker, but I 100% cannot do it myself.  One of the issues is that it is large, covers 3/4 of a 115hp cowl hood.

does anybody know of a marina or installer who could do something like this? 

I am located in the Toronto area 

thanks so much ! 

2B7541AD-B498-41EA-92F4-89EB0C94A826.jpeg

DD9629E1-6A99-44CD-9EA5-8F30329FCBF9.png

Had a decal put on my work truck and they first sprayed soapy water from a dollar store spray bottle, mix was soap and water (not sure of the amount of soap) carefully put decal on and because of the mix was easy to move decal to align to position  after they used a rubber spatula to remove bubbles ,wiped it down and let it sit for 24hrs to allow to dry (any sooner hiway speeds can lift it)  never uderstood why it didnt peel off but there was never any issue put over 200,000km on that truck before I switched trucks

• Like 3

When they tint windows,they use the soap water treatment. It allows them to position the tint film correctly. Once in position, they start to wipe the film  with a plastic spreader pushing out the soapy water. Has to set for 24 hours. Thats why the windows cant be rolled down once done.

What Dave posted is best. You can put on and off til you have it in the right spot. Then swipe it into position.

I will add. Use that green painters tape to hold the decals in the position you want. It removes very easy. Once you have the decal in position, start at one end removing the backing. Use a spreader to keep the decal in position and bubbles out. If the decals have a split seam, meaning middle of the decal, it is so much easier to apply the decal.

1 hour ago, irishfield said:

Florida Brian !

I also forgot, clean the area first with rubbing alcohol and then Naptha.

You paused the video at 4:48 didn't you...

Wayne, now everyone is going to watch...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, irishfield said:

1 tsp of dish soap to a gallon of distilled water. If Leah and I can do this, an engine decal should be a walk in the park !! 

Would love to see that car.  I’m a big fan of the Mopar B Bodies

Is it my ears or can I can hear an eastern screech owl chattering away in the distance a couple of times?

• Like 1

If we'd had the doors open you may have, but that's just my camera.. that for some reason makes that sound like it's zooming or focusing on it's own. Follow my "irishfield" video links... lots of the car there..

Buick... just float her in place and squeegy it out. The strip I am doing has a backing layer on the top so I can squeegy it pretty hard. If it's the finished decal and no cover paper/plastic use a flexible plastic bondo spreader... not a hard credit card like Misfish's video shows.