lew

Got a new truck today

19 minutes ago, jimmer said:

It being called normal should cost the guy his job......

And it wasn't even the oil usage they called normal jimmer, a lot of those 5.0 motors developed a very loud knock...including mine... and they said that was also normal even though not all engines did it.

38 minutes ago, lew said:

And it wasn't even the oil usage they called normal jimmer, a lot of those 5.0 motors developed a very loud knock...including mine... and they said that was also normal even though not all engines did it.

Sad that companies don't take pride in their product anymore, especially the big ones.  Glad things worked out for you though.

That’s The mother ship (Ford headquarters) making those policies. In other words don’t shoot the messenger. It be like trying to get a mechanic to feel sorry for you when he tells you what it’s going to cost to fix your vehicle. As a mechanic; I didn’t design, build, buy or break the thing. I’m just here to fix it. 

Dan.   

Edited by DanD
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, DanD said:

That’s The mother ship (Ford headquarters) making those policies. In other words don’t shoot the messenger. It be like trying to get a mechanic to feel sorry for you when he tells you what it’s going to cost to fix your vehicle. As a mechanic; I didn’t design, build, buy or break the thing. I’m just here to fix it. 

Dan.   

I may be missing something in your reply here Dan and if so I apologize but in a previous reply I said I put 100% of the blame for this entire fiasco completely in the lap of Ford. I gave the mechanics and everyone else at the dealership a BIG thank you for everything they did to help, infact we bought each & every person involved a $50 Timmies gift card  as a small gesture of our gratitude.

Edited by lew

What I meant was that I agree with you that you were treated very well. It was the comments of the guy (@ dealership) be fired for telling you what Ford’s policy was on the oil consumption. Sorry for the confusion on my part. 

Dan. 

Surprised to hear this about the 5.0. Mine is a 2012 and so far it has been very good. More power than the 5.4 and better fuel economy. I guess I'll hold onto mine a little while longer.

On 8/2/2019 at 1:59 PM, DanD said:

What I meant was that I agree with you that you were treated very well. It was the comments of the guy (@ dealership) be fired for telling you what Ford’s policy was on the oil consumption. Sorry for the confusion on my part. 

Dan. 

I didn't mean to be mean spirited, but when a customer is told that something like Lew was going through is normal, someone should be responsible. How many people might keep driving their vehicle when told it is normal, then blow the engine and be responsible for the repair themselves. I don't think most mechanics could bring themselves to say something like an engine knocking is normal to a customer, so I guess someone higher up should be responsible.