Massasauga in September

Brettiop

Just fished the Massasauga yesterday. Pike were still in the bays but seemed like only one pike in each bay. Caught a few bass just outside the bays and most hit in 20 fow. Mostly spinner baits for the pike and jigging worms for the bass. Nothing of any great size but fish came throughout the day. 

Well the camping trip was amazing, the fishing not so much.

Struggled to find any bass on any of the shoals i tried.....but got onto awesome popper bites late casting to shorelines, but they were all small. I lost the only decent ones i hooked, about 2 lbs.

Got one decent Pike when trolling A DBL 10 Handlebarz bucktail, and the wife did good catching her first ever topwater fish and a decent pike on a tube. Really want to go back already though! 

The Islands that were once on the Navionics that are now 1' under water almost got me a few times, but i managed to not destroy me prop or lower end!

• Like 2

yup, i didnt figure it out until it was too late to let you know.

The bite was 20fow+ off of the edge of my best fishing spots. I was graphing them and dropping drop shots on their heads. youd mark a fish and 2 more would accompany it. Multiple times I was bringing a fish in and still graphing another. Id quickly unhook and drop back down and catch another instantly.