First Fly In

4x4bassin

We just got back from a Fly-In with Air Dale last week. We slow troll worm harness to find them, throw out the orange marker buoy, and get on them with jigs. Impulse paddle tails worked great, but Z-man easily out lasted them. Not sure what they are made of, but they hold up way better! (we prefer the "H" shape marker buoys. Lighter and easier to pack)  Clown finish body bait trolled also found some active fish.

Mosquitoes were intense on this trip.  Fly strips by the cabin lights helped. also picked up a small rechargeable bug zapper from basspro last year. it worked surprisingly well.  I also install a bug net over my bunk. nothing worse than those blood suckers keeping you awake all night.  

It was mentioned to take tylenol/advil.  i would also suggest a few antihistamines. We figure my buddy got bit by something on our trip. One morning he woke up and his finger was swollen to twice its size. Swelling got worse and started in his hand as well.  2 antihistamines and an ice pack seemed to do the trick.  Took a full day for the swelling to go down. We aslo throw in some muscle relaxers, immodium, pepto tablets, and tums into our first aid kit.

Hope you guys have a great trip!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mark demmery said:

We just got back from a Fly-In with Air Dale last week. We slow troll worm harness to find them, throw out the orange marker buoy, and get on them with jigs. Impulse paddle tails worked great, but Z-man easily out lasted them. Not sure what they are made of, but they hold up way better! (we prefer the "H" shape marker buoys. Lighter and easier to pack)  Clown finish body bait trolled also found some active fish.

Mosquitoes were intense on this trip.  Fly strips by the cabin lights helped. also picked up a small rechargeable bug zapper from basspro last year. it worked surprisingly well.  I also install a bug net over my bunk. nothing worse than those blood suckers keeping you awake all night.  

It was mentioned to take tylenol/advil.  i would also suggest a few antihistamines. We figure my buddy got bit by something on our trip. One morning he woke up and his finger was swollen to twice its size. Swelling got worse and started in his hand as well.  2 antihistamines and an ice pack seemed to do the trick.  Took a full day for the swelling to go down. We aslo throw in some muscle relaxers, immodium, pepto tablets, and tums into our first aid kit.

Hope you guys have a great trip!

Your buddy is one lucky fella. He better get tested for allergies, he is allergic to something. I bet they give him an EpiPen.

There's another thing to get prepared for the trip. Everyone should see a Doc and get tested for allergies. It takes 10 minutes, might just save a good trip, even a life. Can't call a Uber to take someone to emerg.