Stoney lake

If you don't know Stoney or don't have the best E maps bring an extra prop. I have fished it many times up towards Burley Falls. There are plenty of Walleye there which we fished for. We would troll our go to spots to find the fish then drifting with a simple jig and minnow was our ticket to success. Get as vertical as possible. No exact depth day to day. Clear Lake off of Stoney is good too. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

the only lake i have been on and witnessed 2 people within an hour of eachother absolutely smoke rocks at speed. One was a yacht that actually beached himself on a shoal and needed help getting pushed back off of it.

Stick to the drive lines on your graph and if you want to venture off of them, throw in the trolling motor and take its slow. The water is very very clear due to the zebra muscles, but its also a navigation nightmare.

If you dont have a graph...good luck

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 1

I have a theory as far as navigating goes. If I didn't hit anything on the way out and I follow my track line to the T on the way back I won't hit anything coming back in, usually. Oh and I have never even gone 3/4 throttle on Stoney, that includes the old 9.9 with the tilt pin out.

Beautiful lake where rocks seem to grow overnight! LOL Today's Navionics charts are pretty good, although I have fished it hundreds of times I wouldn't go there without a Navionics chip in my unit! Smallmouth & Largemouth Bass fishing is pretty decent, lots of small Smallies! Walleye fishing is okay too but make sure that you'are aware of the slot! Good population of Muskies as well! Endless islands and rock points to fish, I like rock weed transitions where you can almost catch anything! Good luck!

• Like 1

As others have posted, be VERY careful. I haven’t fished it in a few years, but use to do so on the regular. I never had any GPS device, but would creep when outside the channel markers. Once outside them it isn’t to hard in calm water to see why it’s called Stoney. Be careful and have fun!!

-Pidge