New Here From Oklahoma

mysticslobra

Hi folks, my name is Derek Fike and I am new to the forum.  AKRISONER invited me to join.  I am a sponsor on the Bass Boat Central forum and I sell tungsten bass weights, jigs, ned jigs, etc on my website www.heavymetalfishing.com.  He is the first customer I have had from Canada, but said my pricing was much better than the offerings you currently have.  Anyways, I wanted to join and let everyone know that I am willing to ship to Canada and the shipping charges are exactly what is charged by the post office.  I do not try to make money on shipping.  I am excited to look around your forum and see all the great fishing pictures on the beautiful natural lakes you all have!  I have been a big fan of Ontario fishing ever since I started watching Xtreme Angler TV four or five years ago hosted by Karl Kalonka.  The lakes are just amazing. 

can vouch for Derek. I simply found him while trying to find some reasonably priced tungsten. 

He had the best prices from a reputable dealer (not ali baba) i can find, and having now gotten my order promptly, I paid no duty, the items are of as high quality as you can expect and he only charged me $10 shipping from the United States. 

A winner in my books and I am sure the first order of many. Thanks again Derek and best of luck!

Edited by AKRISONER

Welcome to Canada Derek. Welcome to our site. hope your products come north. You like our lakes I read, In Ontario we have 250,000 of them.

I have worked in tourism for years. Ontario is a great destination to vacation. We have it all. 

And we are even bigger than Texas. Algonquin Park is bigger than some countries. 

We are parallel on the north to Sweden and on the south to northern California. 14 million people visit Niagara Falls  each year.

Oh NBA champs  )

A

On 7/17/2019 at 1:20 PM, AKRISONER said:

can vouch for Derek. I simply found him while trying to find some reasonably priced tungsten. 

He had the best prices from a reputable dealer (not ali baba) i can find, and having now gotten my order promptly, I paid no duty, the items are of as high quality as you can expect and he only charged me $10 shipping from the United States. 

A winner in my books and I am sure the first order of many. Thanks again Derek and best of luck!

What was the total value of your order before shipping? Wondering about why there was no duty.

Welcome Derek thank you for joining. In the future if you want to tell people of your products we have a section here called  members business directory  in the future feel free to use that section for product news. This section is for saying hello and posting all of your fishing adventures or NF related stories.  So everyone say hello and in a few days I will move it to the correct place.

Thank you 

Art

16 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

What was the total value of your order before shipping? Wondering about why there was no duty.

I think about $40 USD (derek do you recall?)

Which makes me laugh to think about because i recently bought tungsten flipping weights from Bass Pro, I paid $20 for two plain unpainted weights.

Meanwhile my order from Derek I got 5 flipping weights in green pumpkin, a bunch of shakey heads and a bunch of nail weights. 

Bienvenue Derek. I think that might be welcome in French, I didn't pass French, ever. Hope you do well, good luck. The harder you work the luckier you get. Fishing weights must have come a long way since I used steel nuts as weights. OK guys, why Tungsten over steel etc.? Lead I know why not. I don't know how many years it's been since I bought fishing weights. That's not true, sorry, I bought some jigs from our Big Ugly at the Hamertown swap meet a few years ago. 

Iron, tungsten is one of the heaviest metals. Two reasons and I would argue three reasons to use it.

1. It’s heavier than lead so your weights of equal weight value are lower profile and smaller. Great for flipping etc they don’t get caught up as much.

2. The increased density gives you extra feel. Drag a tungsten drop shot weight across bottom vs lead and there is a noticeable difference in feel and sensitivity.

and finally 3. It’s better for the environment and also better for me to not be handling lead all of the time. I’m sure it’s not great that I handle lead weights and then eat sandwiches or chips on the boat. Tungsten won’t kill you.

Edited by AKRISONER

Thanks guys. Tungsten steel won't kill you unless shot from a gun. We made all manner of weights pouring molten lead into molds, I still have plastic tubs full of them somewhere. We did however wear Comfo 2 respirators with the appropriate filters when we did it courtesy of Stelco. The lead I bought, not worth loosing a job over a few bucks of lead.