4 seasons mobile home parks?

offgriddin

Well,  I have been doing some digging but I have to admit I didn't come up with much. I think the best advice I can give you is to call a real estate agent, they would have the tools to come up with a list for you. Personally I think I would just look at buying a piece of land. 

Have thought about going this route a few years back, but not year round. I don't recall any rv park opening year round in Ontario. Have seen some in Alberta but they were most likely on a nightly basis for travellers. I'd think the cost of keeping all lines open wouldn't be worth it for them. Guessing insurance is a factor as well. Good luck in your search, but I agree with Big Cliff, look for land, it will be way cheaper in the long run.

• Like 1

On the water is nice but: can get VERY expensive. Higher taxes because of waterfront, septic system requirements, restrictions on clearances..... I owned waterfront for many years, it was nice but a lot of hassles. If I was doing it again I would consider something near the water, public launch or marina availability. I  just looked at a property in Noelville , 2 ea 1/2 acre lots on the edge of town under $25,000.00 for the pair. Hundreds of lakes and the French River at your door step. Just a thought!

It's a big world out there and with cash in your pocket unlimited possibilities. There are a few year round trailer parks in Haldimand County. But that's southern Ontario not northern. I knew a fella that was living on one after a recent divorce, in the dead of winter it was a chore just to keep the water supply from freezing as well as getting in and out. Buy a big RV bus summers up north and winters down south. Then you aren't stuck in one location that you paid big bucks for and find it isn't for you. 

3 hours ago, Big Cliff said:

On the water is nice but: can get VERY expensive. Higher taxes because of waterfront, septic system requirements, restrictions on clearances..... I owned waterfront for many years, it was nice but a lot of hassles. If I was doing it again I would consider something near the water, public launch or marina availability. I  just looked at a property in Noelville , 2 ea 1/2 acre lots on the edge of town under $25,000.00 for the pair. Hundreds of lakes and the French River at your door step. Just a thought!

im open to all possibilities man,could you provide a link to those properties?id really appreciate it cliff

2 hours ago, offgriddin said:

im open to all possibilities man,could you provide a link to those properties?id really appreciate it cliff

Sorry but I know those ones are already sold but there are lots of similar properties in the area, just contact a real estate agent, let them know what you are looking for and they will do all the work for you. I can't recommend any particular agent in that area, I just happened to find these properties when I was on my way to my son's place last fall.

Nice properties on the east side of hwy 69, but a lot of people! Busy place with existing cottages and camps.

I would be checking on the west side of hwy 69, in the Hartley Bay area if indeed, you are seeking more privacy. You will likely be off the grid there...

HH

3 hours ago, offgriddin said:

ok,thanks cliff...il look into that area for sure,some nice properties in the french river area

Let me know if you decide on that area, I use to guide on the French River MANY, Many years ago and could point out a few spots for you. My son and I fish a lot of lakes in that part of the country, he lives in Noelville., If you do decide on something in that area I'd be happy to introduce you to a spot or two and a couple of people I know.

Good luck with your search and stay in touch.?

18 hours ago, Big Cliff said:

Bang on Big Cliff. We have been on the water here on Erie full time for 20 years. That includes 20 years of winters. I can't explain the difference between living in town and living on a lake.  We too are looking now close to the lake, near a marina but not smack dab on the shoreline. Big Cliff look at properties in Chatham Kent. South western On. You won't believe what you can get there for under 300K. A nice  property for under 200K. I  think it's about 45  mins to Windsor and an hour or so to London. You must check it out. Purple Bricks.com.

What's  up with this italics? No big deal.