Hello there.

Bassin15

Hi there,

Im new here, hope to get some tips and help from all you experts. I have been bass fishing for the last 2 years, my Personal Best is about 2.5 pounds. I fish a couple local lakes close to my home, but they are pressured lakes so there a bit harder to catch. I should mention i am a bank angler and do not have access to the whole lake, there are very few places to fish from shore on my lake, but i have found one good spot where the bass seem to be pretty stacked but i am having problems catching them. And i hope to find some help here. Anyway just wanted to say hi, i will post some of my questions in another post so this one's not so long.

Thanks 

Bassin15

whacky rigs or a tube. Bass cant resist.

To get mobile you can do it super cheap. I bought one of those tiny inflatable rafts from canadian tire for $30 it at least allowed you to get out offshore when the weather is ok. Trust me, getting away from the shoreline and being mobile will increase your odds.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bassin15. My son and I will sometimes look on a map for some bridges in quiet areas and cast a 1/8 oz jig with a Gulp minnow. This weekend we were near Buckhorn and caught 3 small mouth and 2 walleye just before dark. Good luck.

You may also want to give some topwater lures a try, hula popper style, jitterbug, whopper plopper, buzzbait etc.  Keeps you up out of the hazards and still attracts strikes.  Many have good weight to cast fairly distant.

Michael

Welcome aboard. Want big fish?  then fish big water like Erie. There are plenty of big Smallmouth that can be taken close to shore, especially early morning and just before dusk. You can wade plenty of shoreline in the Inner Bay of Long Point for good sized Largemouth. Not knowing your location is tough to steer you towards good big fish water. For big fish use big baits is my recommendation without writing a 12 page essay.  Jerk baits for casting is a go to Bass bait. To get offshore a bit I would get myself a cheap Kayak and mount a few cheap rod holders. Even a good pair of chestwaders will get you off the shore. I wore the treads off the boots of my waders before I got a boat. Have fun, be safe and go smash em'. 

• Like 1