New toy, for when I am not fishing *NF*

GBW

So a lot has happened in the past 6 years for me and now here I am.  By that I mean a newer relationship and new hobbies too.  Yes I still fish as often as I can (I just don't share my findings now) but my old passion to ride is back.  Today I finally got my own 'bike'. It's a 2015 Yamaha FZ-07 with less than 1600KM on it and it's mint AND has the upgraded Hindel exhaust!  Time to ride to my spots ;) 

62394609_618679275275994_1871868015998402560_n.jpg

62474878_435284480588556_8574425886000939008_n.jpg

64219175_2242283616033429_4675821382079086592_n (1).jpg

64330943_349511479091173_2676846652223913984_n.jpg

• Like 3

Very cool , I am into the antique Yamahas from the 70's mainly. I have a 1972 RD 350, 1972 75/5 BMW, 1976 SX650, 1978 SR650 and a 1984 RZ350 . They are all restored and live in the garage unless it is a nice sunny day and they get to go out and play.  Enjoy your bike and be safe everyone is out to kill you.

Art

• Like 1

Congrats it’s beauty bike!

1 hour ago, aplumma said:

Enjoy your bike and be safe everyone is out to kill you.

Art

42 minutes ago, misfish said:

REALLY ?

Sorry G, This statement is  false, and not to bring your joy down.

I have to agree with Aplumma here. I believe this is what/ how you must think when driving a bike as they’re are lots of terrible driver out there or people who just don’t care about bikes. You must always be the one paying attention. I’ve been told my many people I know who have rode bikes and still do with many years of experience, it’s not if you will get into an accident it’s when.  

Edited by Musky Plug

32 minutes ago, Musky Plug said:

I believe this is what/ how you must think when driving a bike as they’re are lots of terrible driver out there or people who just don’t care about bikes.

I believe in the watch ( both sides ), but don't say they are out to kill ya. That is absurd.

I sit here and watch crotch rocket bikes go by 30 + mph pass the limit. Not saying others in cars and trucks don't,but hey, who's to blame when they wreck. Right wrong both sides.

33 minutes ago, Terry said:

trust me  they ARE out to get bikers

You are living in the past.LOL Are you a SOA ? LOL

Edited by misfish

34 minutes ago, Musky Plug said:

I believe this is what/ how you must think when driving a bike

I get that. It,s a code/ mind set to have as one that drives bikes .

Edited by misfish

Sorry brian but ive been riding for 40 years on bikes that range from 125 to 1200 cc and if you do not have the mind set that everyone is out to kill you then you are not paying enough attention. I feel safer on the race track than on commuter traffic. It has gotten insane with the cell phones and the applying makup and the eating of breakfast in the driver seat. I  love to ride and will not stop till I  can't  but it has gotten way scary compared to the 80s when i first started. 

Art 

• Like 1

At 60 I’ve seriously thought of getting a bike too for the first time. 

Just for country riding in fair weather. 

Too many have told me it’s too dangerous. Especially at my age for the first time.  I ride a tandem bicycle with my wife all the time and am fit and active. But it’s the other guy.......?

I use to work on bikes at my shop, when I was younger. I'm actually still licensed to do safety inspections on bikes; but I do not touch street bikes anymore. Seen way to many people hurt or killed on them; that I no longer want to be apart of someone I helped get into an early grave. Here's one example of why. There was a whole family that were/are customers. The Grandson bought a bike and brought it to me to safety it. I refused to and the kid left mad as hell. Granddad called me and said that after all these years of us dealing together; they were done with me. A month or so later, I see the grandson pulling into my lot. I could see the bike's fairing is all scraped up with large cracks all over it. He gets off the bike and walks towards me; saying he laid the bike down and could I help him. As he turned to walk back to the bike; all I could see was a shredded, blood soaked T shirt. I told him to get into my truck and took him to emergency. They spent close to 4 hours sanding and picking gravel out of his back. Granddad showed up at the shop the next day and apologize to me and said he now understood why.  This kid was lucky but I have so many more things I could tell you of what had happened to others that weren't. Before anyone brings this up; yes people can get hurt while driving their cars. At least they're in a crash shield and with 99% of today's vehicles having air bags; the chances of being badly hurt or killed are much much lower then riding with the wind in your hair.

Dan.

Edited by DanD
  • Like 1

At the end of the day it’s all about choice. I like to ride a motorcycle and some people think I’m crazy. Other people willingly jump out of a perfectly good airplane and I think they’re crazy. While this is going on, some guy who never takes on unnecessary risk gets flattened on the 401. 

Do what makes you happy and don’t condemn others based on your personal preferences. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GBW said:

Took my M1 test today and passed with flying colours.  In a few weeks the weekend long course.  

Good for you G. Like I said, no disrespect to you.

I did hear something last week about new bike riders will have a hard time getting insurance. Just what I seen on the news hear. Some riders that have had insurance for 3 -4 years were being dropped by their insurance companies.

If you have a motorcycle safety course under your belt they will be more likely to insure and or discount your rates. I just reinsured my 4 bikes with 500,000.00 per incident  liability for 204.00 a year for all of them. This is with 40 years riding and in the USA  so I am not sure we are comparing apples to apples.  

Art

It's home and all the toy's fit in the garage too! 
I will fully admit that YES I did stall it 1 time on Angeline heading North being stopped on the hill at a red light at Colborne St W. Otherwise a safe and good ride home from across town.

67422264_10157056105551253_608893360320544768_n.jpg

1 minute ago, chris.brock said:

Nice ride Geoff!

I've always had a licensed bike since I was 16, now it's a 125cc Yamaha scooter though, lol.

As for the danger thing, I think where Geoff lives is a hell of a lot safer to ride compared to where I live or even where Grimsbylander lives.

• Like 1