Weight equals inches

moses

As a general rule I've always found that 25"=5lb, 26'=6lb, 27'=7lb... 30"=10lb, 31"=11lb etc. I've never caught anything bigger than 31.5" which actually was 11.5 lb too so I can't really say when they get bigger than that.

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/12/2019 at 9:38 PM, smitty55 said:

As a general rule I've always found that 25"=5lb, 26'=6lb, 27'=7lb... 30"=10lb, 31"=11lb etc. I've never caught anything bigger than 31.5" which actually was 11.5 lb too so I can't really say when they get bigger than that.

Cheers

On 7/12/2019 at 9:38 PM, smitty55 said:

Cheers

I caught a 28 inch walleye at Pointe Au Baril one year and it weighed 8 pounds on the camp spring scale, my buddy caught one there too that was just over 31 inches and weighed 9 pounds on the same scale. You could see the difference in the fish though, mine was a normal healthy looking fish, his must have been old or not feeding right because it had a big head and a very slim body.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OhioFisherman said:

I caught a 28 inch walleye at Pointe Au Baril one year and it weighed 8 pounds on the camp spring scale, my buddy caught one there too that was just over 31 inches and weighed 9 pounds on the same scale. You could see the difference in the fish though, mine was a normal healthy looking fish, his must have been old or not feeding right because it had a big head and a very slim body.

Yea that's why I said generally, there will always be exceptions of course for skinny or very fat fish. Sometimes it can depend on certain waterbodies as well that have poor or amazing forage bases.  I was mostly going by fish I have caught and weighed.

Cheers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smitty55 said:

Yea that's why I said generally, there will always be exceptions of course for skinny or very fat fish. Sometimes it can depend on certain waterbodies as well that have poor or amazing forage bases.  I was mostly going by fish I have caught and weighed.

Cheers

I noticed that over the years that fish in general can be lighter or darker color in certain water bodies