My condolences go out to the Hawk air family in this most difficult time after losing 2 members of there crew in yesterdays plane crash.

Mitch

I have flown with them , RIP

The Transportation Safety Board says two people are dead after a small plane crashed in central Ontario on Thursday.

The TSB, which has been called in to conduct an investigation, said the crash involved a deHavilland Beaver DHC-2 float plane.

READ MORE: Preliminary report into fatal Alaska plane crash prompts calls for new safety measures

Ontario Provincial Police said they were called to the scene, in Hawk Junction, Ont., at 9 a.m. on Thursday.

TSB spokesman Alex Fournier says the plane left from an area near Hawk Lake in eastern Ontario and was headed for Oba Lake.

Police say two adults were pronounced dead, but their identities are not being released pending a post mortem.

Hawk Air identified the passengers on Friday on its website and Facebook page

Ah man this sucks, I've flown out of there a few times.

that's a tragedy, the pilot looks so young

the wreckage doesn't look bad, it's a shame those kids lost their lives

crash-9502-300x201.jpg

7 hours ago, chris.brock said:

that's a tragedy, the pilot looks so young

the wreckage doesn't look bad, it's a shame those kids lost their lives

crash-9502-300x201.jpg

Yes it sure is Chris it has got to be tough on the outfitter to get through the rest of the season after such a tragedy i have flown on that beaver a few times into some of the Air Dale camps.

Tragic news, Air Saguenay and now Hawk Air.

I have flown with Hawk air a few times as well, condolences to their families.

Didn't know about this....... really sad news.

My Dad (now passed) and I rode this Beav for his 2nd fly-in trip (2003, I think) - he rode shotgun and (of course) loved it. 

Thoughts out for family and friends.

☁️

15 hours ago, NSXNeal said:

Didn't know about this....... really sad news.

My Dad (now passed) and I rode this Beav for his 2nd fly-in trip (2003, I think) - he rode shotgun and (of course) loved it. 

Thoughts out for family and friends.

☁️

Yes it sure is sad i have been on a few fly ins in that beaver as well,i will be flying into Lobo  lake in September one of Hawk airs outpost camps.