Jump to content

KawarthaAngler

OPP on the Trent Severn.

Recommended Posts

I don't know. They got 1 guy for weed, and 1 guy for open beer. Nobody got a DUI.

I'd rather see them use their resources to bust thieves stealing boats, motors and ATVs, breaking into cottages and speeding down cottage roads where kids are playing. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chris.brock said:

I don't know. They got 1 guy for weed, and 1 guy for open beer. Nobody got a DUI.

I'd rather see them use their resources to bust thieves stealing boats, motors and ATVs, breaking into cottages and speeding down cottage roads where kids are playing. 

Agreed, but .... without a crystal ball, I don't know how anyone could be present to catch someone in the middle of stealing a boat, motor, ATV or into a cottage.  Most of those acts can be done in less than 5 min.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"One check resulted in the vessel operator, Joshua Thomas, 27 years of age, of Hampton, being charged with having care or control of a vessel with cannabis readily available, contrary to the Cannabis Control Act. The officer seized 4 grams of cannabis according to police."

 

I didn't know it was illegal to possess Cannabis in a boat? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there isn't any visible OPP or CO's conducting safety checks someone would complain. Go down to some US states and if there isn't beer on a boat it's abnormal. I remember one gas station in Florida, if you got more than 30 bucks in gas and you got a can of beer free. Guys filling up at a pre pay and chugging a cold can of Bud. You don't see that everyday. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Old Ironmaker said:

Guys filling up at a pre pay and chugging a cold can of Bud. You don't see that everyday. 

Well you may as well chug a can of cold dishwater, probably get more of a buzz on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fisherman said:

Well you may as well chug a can of cold dishwater, probably get more of a buzz on.

Pony piss, warm Pony piss.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, bobowski said:

"One check resulted in the vessel operator, Joshua Thomas, 27 years of age, of Hampton, being charged with having care or control of a vessel with cannabis readily available, contrary to the Cannabis Control Act. The officer seized 4 grams of cannabis according to police."

 

I didn't know it was illegal to possess Cannabis in a boat? 

Well I just about dropped a little brown bear reading this and here's the quote for everyone's info that likes to make fishing more fun.

Cannabis / Marijuana

Since October 2018, the Cannabis Act (Bill C-45) has legalized and regulated the sale and use of cannabis everywhere in Canada. Provinces have separate regulations for cannabis sales. Rules are similar to alcohol - you cannot carry Cannabis on a boat unless it's used as a temporary or permanent living space, and you can't consume it (smoking, vaping, eating) in a vehicle or boat while it is under way.

Officers may use drug recognition techniques to determine if a boater is impaired and can request a blood, urine or oral fluid sample for testing. THC levels of 2-5 nanograms per millilitre of blood can receive a fine up to $1,000. Drivers who test above five nanograms (or above 2.5 nanograms combined with a blood-alcohol concentration above 50 milligrams) per 100 millilitres of blood would receive fines and mandated jail time for repeat offenders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw them out of Honey Harbour the other day, didn't pull me over they were definitely looking for something out there though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, misfish said:

I know our David is not 60 YOA. :w00t:

This article has been brought to my attention, firstly I do not live in Durham(Not that there is anything wrong with that! LOL) and secondly anybody who knows me also knows that I don't drink (Alcohol, that is!) Oh and plus I have not been on Sturgeon or Scugog yet this year!

Great to see them out there trying to keep our waterways safe! I am a huge advocate of boating safety!

Edited by David Chong
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The OPP now have Sea-doos. Saw 2 of them in the north end of Couch away from the main boat channel. They now can stop you anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was tooling around here yesterday and had Jerry Agar CBC radio on. The subject was the price of weed, legal and illegal. Many folks that know the prices all said illegal weed is 1/2 or less the price of the legal stuff. The gov would have us believe all the illegal stuff is laced with Fentanyl and other deadly substances. I don't smoke but if I did I certainly wouldn't be paying double. There are enough home growers I know that don't lace the stuff. 

17 hours ago, Fisherman said:

Well I just about dropped a little brown bear reading this and here's the quote for everyone's info that likes to make fishing more fun.

Cannabis / Marijuana

Since October 2018, the Cannabis Act (Bill C-45) has legalized and regulated the sale and use of cannabis everywhere in Canada. Provinces have separate regulations for cannabis sales. Rules are similar to alcohol - you cannot carry Cannabis on a boat unless it's used as a temporary or permanent living space, and you can't consume it (smoking, vaping, eating) in a vehicle or boat while it is under way.

Officers may use drug recognition techniques to determine if a boater is impaired and can request a blood, urine or oral fluid sample for testing. THC levels of 2-5 nanograms per millilitre of blood can receive a fine up to $1,000. Drivers who test above five nanograms (or above 2.5 nanograms combined with a blood-alcohol concentration above 50 milligrams) per 100 millilitres of blood would receive fines and mandated jail time for repeat offenders.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, bobowski said:

"One check resulted in the vessel operator, Joshua Thomas, 27 years of age, of Hampton, being charged with having care or control of a vessel with cannabis readily available, contrary to the Cannabis Control Act. The officer seized 4 grams of cannabis according to police."

 

I didn't know it was illegal to possess Cannabis in a boat? 

Think we had it better before so called " LEGALIZATION " 4 grams , unless the operator was obviously stoned out of his gourd,  in most cases wouldn't have resulted in a charge or you might have been asked to dump it over the side. Of course in my days CO's and cops weren't pr---ks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dave524 said:

Think we had it better before so called " LEGALIZATION " 4 grams , unless the operator was obviously stoned out of his gourd,  in most cases wouldn't have resulted in a charge or you might have been asked to dump it over the side. Of course in my days CO's and cops weren't pr---ks.

I agree. All of a sudden its a crime to partake.....lol.....it was a lot easier when it was illegal! 

S. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

If there isn't any visible OPP or CO's conducting safety checks someone would complain. Go down to some US states and if there isn't beer on a boat it's abnormal. I remember one gas station in Florida, if you got more than 30 bucks in gas and you got a can of beer free. Guys filling up at a pre pay and chugging a cold can of Bud. You don't see that everyday. 

If you go a little further down in the States you get a free rifle with your 30 bucks of gas.  LOL

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Sinker said:

I agree. All of a sudden its a crime to partake.....lol.....it was a lot easier when it was illegal! 

S. 

It's a cash grab as soon as the government gets their mitts on anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jimmer said:

It's a cash grab as soon as the government gets their mitts on anything.

I hear the OCS is loosing money, leave it to government to lose money selling drugs and at inflated prices no less.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, dave524 said:

I hear the OCS is loosing money, leave it to government to lose money selling drugs and at inflated prices no less.

They would have been better off just decriminalizing it to lessen the load on the court system and prevent people from having criminal records.  The carrot on the stick for the government to make a ton of money was too much for them to resist. AND like you said; now they are losing money. Geez.

I guess they can still get it straightened out, but there is still a huge stigma attached to the use of weed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, jimmer said:

They would have been better off just decriminalizing it to lessen the load on the court system and prevent people from having criminal records.  

Exactly , OCS is on track to lose 25 million https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/ontario-cannabis-store-set-to-lose-dollar25-million-this-year-amid-federal-mismanagement/ar-BBVQLOk

 

Edited by dave524

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dave524 said:

LMAO!  

Good scam to get some votes for trudope! 

This country is going to Shyte!!! Quick! 

S. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see the OPP fly by my cottage every long weekend doing their rounds. Maybe keeps the idiots on their toes. A bit.  Didn’t know they have PWC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...