If you have the current Navionics BOATING app on your mobile device/devices there a great new feature. This new feature will help you share and manage your tracks, routes & markers (waypoints). I've been asked about how to do this many times and now it's built-in. You can transfer your routes and waypoints to your on-boat electronics units or if you're so inclined share them with your friends! LOL  Better yet there's no costs involved. For full details - http://bit.ly/2JjWAER

i really need to do some reading and look into getting a subscription again. Ive always just bought the cards and never dealt with the updates etc and now that something like this is out I wonder if I would be able to use it with my slightly older non "platinum" cards. 

I purchased navionics on my phone a few years back but then it prompted me that if I wanted to continue I would have to pay another $30 or something so I just never updated it and kept the original version.

I'm purely guessing but Im thinking you would need the most recent cards for this to work? I need to look into this because I definitely use my phone to do a lot of planning when looking at new lakes or planning to fish upcoming tournaments while I am away from my boat. The ability to route tracks and save them for upload to your graph is also a fantastic feature. I currently find it kind dumb that in order to save a route I basically have to drive it and then save it, rather than planning a safe route for myself on a new lake and then being able to drive it before I have ever actually driven the route. Something like that would have come in extremely handy while driving lake marion which is literally the scariest lake I have ever driven on. The fact that I had to venture out blindly just using my GPS without a route to find safe passage before I could actually save that safe route into my GPS seems insane.

I probably need some lessons on how to effectively use my GPS to its full potential.

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

i really need to do some reading and look into getting a subscription again. Ive always just bought the cards and never dealt with the updates etc and now that something like this is out I wonder if I would be able to use it with my slightly older non "platinum" cards. 

I purchased navionics on my phone a few years back but then it prompted me that if I wanted to continue I would have to pay another $30 or something so I just never updated it and kept the original version.

I'm purely guessing but Im thinking you would need the most recent cards for this to work? I need to look into this because I definitely use my phone to do a lot of planning when looking at new lakes or planning to fish upcoming tournaments while I am away from my boat. The ability to route tracks and save them for upload to your graph is also a fantastic feature. I currently find it kind dumb that in order to save a route I basically have to drive it and then save it, rather than planning a safe route for myself on a new lake and then being able to drive it before I have ever actually driven the route. Something like that would have come in extremely handy while driving lake marion which is literally the scariest lake I have ever driven on. The fact that I had to venture out blindly just using my GPS without a route to find safe passage before I could actually save that safe route into my GPS seems insane.

I probably need some lessons on how to effectively use my GPS to its full potential.

This feature is for the NEW Navionics BOATING app and yes your subscription needs to be current. This along with the other advanced map options like shaded depth ranges, dock to dock auto-routing and constant updating of the charts makes it a pretty good value at $30 per year. i do a lot of planning on my i-Pad for tournament and this is going to make it so much easier!