Brady Lake Minden Hills

leaf4

Heading up to Brady lake for a weekend with a family friend who doesn't fish and staying at one of their acquaintances places in a few weeks, what they've been told is there's Perch, Bass and Muskie in the lake, it seems like with those 3 I should half expect walleye in there but I'm not sure, I haven't been able to find out much info on the lake in general, so if anyone has any information pertaining to the lake in general I'd be appreciative!

I've fished it a few times over the years, it's a bass and muskie lake, I've never heard of walleye in there.

It's a typical, smallish, fairly busy Haliburton cottage lake. I wouldn't expect big muskies either.

If you're into exploring, there's more interesting stuff heading west on 118.

4 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

I've fished it a few times over the years, it's a bass and muskie lake, I've never heard of walleye in there.

It's a typical, smallish, fairly busy Haliburton cottage lake. I wouldn't expect big muskies either.

If you're into exploring, there's more interesting stuff heading west on 118.

Yeah I noticed it was on the smaller size of things, but was half planning on using it as a jumping pad to other lakes if there wasn't too much action there

If your willing to travel a bit, there's plenty of lakes nearby.

An interesting tidbit about Brady- I'm guessing about 50 years ago, I don't know why but the MNR decided to introduce muskie into Brady. The species took hold in Brady but also found their way into Anson Creek and unexpectedly also spread through the private lakes of Longford Township, Rainy, Big Trout, Big Duck etc. The property owners in Longford liked their bass fishing and weren't very happy to have muskie invading their lakes. 

3 hours ago, chris.brock said:

If your willing to travel a bit, there's plenty of lakes nearby.

An interesting tidbit about Brady- I'm guessing about 50 years ago, I don't know why but the MNR decided to introduce muskie into Brady. The species took hold in Brady but also found their way into Anson Creek and unexpectedly also spread through the private lakes of Longford Township, Rainy, Big Trout, Big Duck etc. The property owners in Longford liked their bass fishing and weren't very happy to have muskie invading their lakes. 

Oh for sure, I'll have my 16 footer so nothing too cumbersome.

I saw on the fishbrain app a few pics of bass and some musky caught there, most lakes in the area seem to be mostly bass centric 

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Seus said:

I use to live on Brady Lake. In the spring you can see the quite large Muskie in close to shore spawning. There is also catfish in the lake.

Regard

We ended up catching a few muskie, bass and perch we also fished boshkung for some walleye and did ok.

Ended up buying a cottage with my family on Brady not long after lol we enjoyed the lake and area so we now have a family cottage.

First trip up with the in-laws my father in law took the paddle boat out and caught 2 30"~ muskie within 30 minutes of being there haha

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, leaf4 said:

we also fished boshkung for some walleye and did ok.

Boshkung has a fishable walleye population now?

I spent a lot of time on those lakes, no walleye or pike seen back then....

Edited by JoshS

1 hour ago, JoshS said:

Boshkung has a fishable walleye population now?

I spent a lot of time on those lakes, no walleye or pike seen back then....

I was unaware of that but yea we got a few in the 15-18" size

2 hours ago, leaf4 said:

First trip up with the in-laws my father in law took the paddle boat out and caught 2 30"~ muskie within 30 minutes of being there haha

Now you won't catch another until the next 20,001st cast

• Like 1

3 hours ago, singingdog said:

Pike and 'eyes have been spreading through that whole chain of lakes for the past 10 years. Some monster 'eyes are being caught through the ice on lakes that were long considered trout lakes in the winter. 

My sister's boyfriends family has a cottage nearby and they have a certain type of trout that isn't found in many places apparently known as "Haliburton Gold" first time I ever heard of it but it's a heritage species. Kinda neat.