$10,000 salmon. I know the angler

misfish

14 hours ago, Moosebunk said:

Hey!  The kid's got serious skills... or luck... or both!  That apple fell real far from the tree. lol. JOKING!!!

Congrats to the lad.

Drew, he is doing well, and these prize things seem to be happening to him for some reason. Many great prizes the past couple of years doing the king of the drift. I taught him everything,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, NOT LOL

Thanks pal, hope yer getting out.

20 hours ago, SirCranksalot said:

Hmmm--I can see why you traded HER in!!?

I once had my middle finger of my right hand amputated at the top knuckle in a industrial accident. Comp awarded me 3 grand in a payout, I'm left handed. I wanted to buy a 14' tinny and a 9.9. Before I found the boat she spent it on drapes and vertical blinds. I went fishing a few months later and never came home. That was exactly 30 years ago and my finger still hurts. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I once had my middle finger of my right hand amputated at the top knuckle in a industrial accident. Comp awarded me 3 grand in a payout, I'm left handed. I wanted to buy a 14' tinny and a 9.9. Before I found the boat she spent it on drapes and vertical blinds. I went fishing a few months later and never came home. That was exactly 30 years ago and my finger still hurts. 

So if you had said "I got a boat for my wife" I'd say "Good deal"??

2 minutes ago, SirCranksalot said:

You mean as in "I showed him everything I know and he still don't know nuttin'" ??

He will out fish me on the rivers now. He is up to snuf. Then again,I do have a couple of flys up my sleeve. :devil:

• Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 3:26 PM, dave524 said:

Congrats to him ?, me too Bill, my best was a oz or so shy of 35 back then , I watched as it slowly dropped on the weekly leader board till it finally won a couple of bulk spools of Blue Stren in the old Star Derby, think it was '86 , the same year John Slade RIP. won it and I had to pass that prize winning boat and truck every day on the way to work ?

John Slade, RIP indeed.  I fished with him a number of times, what a great guy!

Doug

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, akaShag said:

John Slade, RIP indeed.  I fished with him a number of times, what a great guy!

Doug

Everyone that steelheaded back in the 70's/80's knew of John, one of the founding members of the "Ontario Steelheaders" and one of the best outdoor writers on the subject of Steelheading. Always enjoyed talking to him, passed too early last summer.

On 7/6/2019 at 12:40 PM, misfish said:

Boy oh boy. Dat me boy.

Nice fish me son. :clapping::worthy::Gonefishing:

Just under the 30 lb mark.

image.thumb.png.651f4be90646be9324b71a82d3da1d0a.png

http://greatontariosalmonderby.ca/daily-updates/

Congrats to your son. I use to go down to the boat ramp in port credit every night with Timmies in hand and watch them bring in the fish. I haven't been down there in a few years, but I don't think they can launch their boat there this year. At the start of the berby, the water was still halfway up the parking lot.

Wow that one didn't make the top 10 or can you only win 1 prize. I haven't fished the derby much. Just once when we went on a charter but the lakes was too rough and our day was cut too short. The old saying when the wind come from the east is when you catch the least.