$10,000 salmon. I know the angler

misfish

2 hours ago, BillM said:

Man, I remember when the winning fish was a few lbs over 40 as a kid.   Let's hope he can get some $$$ out of that thing!

Congrats to him ?, me too Bill, my best was a oz or so shy of 35 back then , I watched as it slowly dropped on the weekly leader board till it finally won a couple of bulk spools of Blue Stren in the old Star Derby, think it was '86 , the same year John Slade RIP. won it and I had to pass that prize winning boat and truck every day on the way to work ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, glen said:

I found in the link it says caught on a flasher and fly.  

Ya I was like,that's old school and still working. Take note AK. LOL

After the inspection of the fishes inners ( to clarify no cheating of adding weight ) it was confirmed he was indeed the big weekly winner.  He is also qualified for the 4 hour shoot out at the end of the derby.The fish was on ice,so all the meat was still good. He said it had a real nice orange color to it. He shared with the other half's family and  I will be smoking the tail section of meat. Sure hope I don't mess up a $10,000 salmon. Maybe make a sign for out front.

FOR SALE

SMOKED SALMON. $344 LB.:rofl2:

Edited by misfish
  • Like 2

The Apple don't fall far from the tree. Dat der fish could pull you and your toon around all day and not break a sweat. Do fish sweat? That there is one nice Salmon and kudo's to the offspring. The very 1st absolute first Salmon I caught on a charter years ago, in the early 80's was on a charter out of LaSalle Marina in Burlington. It was my turn so I took the rod. 32 lb. King. I was on the board for a few days for the old Salmon Hunt, I think it was the TO Star. No weekly 10G's then, just your name n the paper. I did get a small prize for being in 1st for a while, I believe I ended up 40th or so. The winner was a 40 some pounder, new truck and boat was 1st prize. My former spouse would have made me trade it in for new furniture or stuff. The guys that had been Salmon guys for years weren't to impressed with my luck and it was sheer luck but I landed her. It felt like reeling in a VW Beetle that was in reverse gear. I remember my Uncle telling me once that when you think when a Salmon is off reel like a bugger, they will run towards you, he was right. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker
  • Thanks 1