Bass Fishing in Peterborough Area?

duke2555

Luck ... yes, most certainly.   Impressive sizes ... no.  The tournaments I've been in and those that i've monitored the results ... guys have been saying it's been a tough bite and the numbers coming in are certainly smaller than normal for this time of year.

But the general consensus has been 'hit/miss' everywhere.  With the very late spring, normal patterns are not the case this year.

Garnet, if you are having luck on Otonabee and in Rice, then you are doing better than most anglers I have run into there...2-3 if you're lucky.

I have been using Whopper Ploppers, frogs, chatterbaits with best luck on WP's on the river just before the main lake and near the mouth of the river in the lake.

If you are having good luck with different baits and areas, please share...

Thanks

Hit and miss everywhere in Ont. across the country and US too. 1st time ever I haven't gotten a post spawn Smallie here on Erie. Usually one after another just off the beach where we live. So It's not you it's the stinkin fish, very high and cooler water. Too cold to swim in even. 

The current is just ripping on the Otanabee .

So the current is confining the fish to small areas and you would be asking a ton from bass

to hit top water in this current.

Out on the lake the pond weed is dyeing off so the fish are on the move.