2019 fishing report so far.

After a terrible spring with high water levels and low water temps, so much debris in the water from flooding.  Things started to pick up after the second week of June.  We have been catching really good numbers of Walleye in the parry sound inland area.  Stocking efforts seem to have been working as I have seen walleye in the the 1 to 4 lbs range way more than we ever have the last 20 years I have been fishing this area.  

Bass is offically on fire now as well.  Small mouth is king here as there are millions of them.  

My best friend with her first walleye of the year and the first in the boat this year.  She was mad I cut her face our of the the picture.  I think she understands now that its all about the fish not the person. hahahaha

IMG_5717.thumb.jpeg.6d08ee7644c6da1bfc1982427672b678.jpeg

My son with his first fish of the year.  

IMG_5981.thumb.jpeg.3cc5a19449e4a4639bd6b3857d32b7fb.jpeg

My buddy with a smaller table sized fish

IMG_5729.thumb.jpg.4b75b77d3d45887fa9e1fc562a928986.jpg

First Pike was very late this year coming well into June.  

IMG_6027.thumb.jpeg.15f63ef2c455b62264df3850000e0ea1.jpeg

some good fish.  

IMG_6026.thumb.jpeg.009d38eb379c2193581faf589c1cfdaa.jpegIMG_5929.thumb.jpeg.b40cfbca19626f1e3b424c0c977d748b.jpege

Yes Im throwing a pic of my girls on this thread cause well they are amazing fishing partners.  

IMG_5996.thumb.jpeg.75af213d4b91ad5b85d1a8b0cffb392d.jpeg

Last night water crept up on some parts of the lake to 74.  I was on the water at 6pm and didnt get a bite till 910pm.  However it was fast and furious then died down to nothing at 10pm.  I got into some good walleye, some small bass and smaller walleye (good sign to see the small ones). Maybe about 10 to 12 fish all right after each other minus a ten minute battle with a treble hook in my rubber net (only me I tell you). 

So the fish look way bigger than they are in this pic.  They were both 17.5 inches and just shy of 2lbs.  I let the bigger ones go right away so didn't get pics as the action was fast and I didnt want to take time taking pics for them unless it was a true trophy.  For me I let anything go over 3lbs (unless deep hooked) and keep the smaller ones for the table.   

IMG_6133.thumb.jpeg.b9302470554f84af2cea87168baa0784.jpeg

I will end with this shot from last weekend.   I had a 10 minute boat ride back right into this beauty of a sunset.  What a night!

IMG_6049.thumb.jpeg.e2a3dc24648ddcfeb84853f343291f36.jpeg

• Like 1

love seeing walleye on the rebound everywhere.

I think people are letting a lot more go back these days too, especially the big ones and its having a major impact.

With the slot of G bay we never keep overs anymore. 15 inchers are the best table fare anyways.

smallie season is indeed upon us and holy cow was it on fire on opener. Some absolutely epic remember for the rest of your life type days.

Nice fish. Good to see the area is coming alive again. When I use to fish up that way, well over 20 years ago, the commercial net fishing almost killed the area I fished in. The did get rid of the commercial fishing nets and did a restocking but I haven't been back in over 20 years. We use to pull up the nets and release all the healthy walleye, pike and bass. They where suppose to release those fish but we all know thy wouldn't.

16 hours ago, Cando said:

Nice fish. Good to see the area is coming alive again. When I use to fish up that way, well over 20 years ago, the commercial net fishing almost killed the area I fished in. The did get rid of the commercial fishing nets and did a restocking but I haven't been back in over 20 years. We use to pull up the nets and release all the healthy walleye, pike and bass. They where suppose to release those fish but we all know thy wouldn't.

talking to my neighbor thats lived in the area since the 50's the fishing now is the best it has ever been in his life. Thats really saying something.

2 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

talking to my neighbor thats lived in the area since the 50's the fishing now is the best it has ever been in his life. Thats really saying something.

That is amazing to hear.  I had a similar story here today.  The guy has been fishing this lake since he was a teenager and showed me old pics of stringers of huge 8-10lb fish.  He realizes that back then was the reason why fishing was depleted quickly.  Anyway he said this year has been the best year he has had in 30 for numbers so that’s very promising.  

Now water temps are up to almost 80 from 74 a couple days ago so wonder if that slows things down a  bit?

I’m heading out this evening to find out!

Cheers

On 7/4/2019 at 3:41 PM, AKRISONER said:

That's great to hear. We caught some pretty big and a lot of fish when we fished there.